1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where eagles dare- When

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by george1138, Jun 23, 2001.

1. george1138

george1138

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :cool: Does anyone have any release details of this film, any region. I heard that Spielberg had bought the rights to it to prevent it being released :confused: as it trivialises war :confused: Didnt he direct 1941! It may be a vicious rumour though!

Anyone know otherwise.

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    That rumour is certainly one I've not heard before. It seems a bit far fetched as you say, and with regard to trivialisation what about Kelly's Heroes?

Let's face it, MGM have a huge back catalogue to get through, amongst which are 2 of my top 10 movies, as mentioned: Where Eagles Dare and also The Sunshine Boys.

I think it's a case of being patient, if it's done right I'll be happy to wait, though it is MGM so.....

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    Look I'm sorry it was a joke OK!
    It was two years ago : all anyone wanted to talk about was how evil speilberg was for not releasing his films on dvd. I didn't think anyone would take it seriously.

Although I have heard Sean Connery is buying the rights to The Avengers so he can destroy the master neg.

4. wicky1

wicky1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read on a Clint Eastwood site an interview with someone at warner. It said there were no immediate plans to release where eagles dare as it was in need of restoration along with once upon a time in america. Looks like we'll have to wait. Shame.

5. Punster

Punster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This film has been an all-time favourite of mine for years, a classic Alistair McClean story, one of his first and one of his best film adaptations. If they do it right then I'll wait until the DVD comes out, you can bet I'll buy it then, 'cause my old TV recording is showing it's age. Can't wait to see the full w/s picture as it ought to be not 4:3 on the TV!!