Where Eagles Dare - In a DVD-player near you at 2003-03-15

H

Hasse

14526.jpg

Finally... release 2003-03-15!

To hear the Junkers ROAR in my living room as it did in my local cinema in the early seventies!

In DD 5.1, or DTS maybe?

More info:

Where Eagles Dare unofficial homepage

Enterprises DVD

Fab news, and 'bout time too, BUT.....

.....my enthusiasm is tempered somewhat by the release date: March 15 '03 is a Saturday..........

Good.:D All we need now is Battle of Britain and the other great films like this to come out.

Broadsword to Danny Boy... come in Danny Boy!

Excellent news, great film... not hopeful about a 5.1 mix tho.

GREAT NEWS. the old ones are the best un's.

Ingrid Pitt in that dress grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

At last I can replace my Laser Disc copy! (Still have BOB on Laser too).

Hope they have some decent extras on it.

I seem to recall this thread being on the otherside of the square ;)

The definative blueprint as to how to make a quality action film.

Excellent Film, one of my favourites. Have been looking for this for ages, can't wait to see it :)

Originally posted by Xusia Of Delos
Still have BOB on Laser too.

That was available on Laser?! :eek: :eek:
Damn, I missed that one then, had Laser for years and never knew that was available, Doh!
Oh well, I can wait for DVD.
Hey DVD producers I want
The Battle of Britain , Please. :D :D

Great news, Here's some more classic war films.
The guns of naverone

The Heroes of Telemark, no release for this one yet :(

Originally posted by Timh
Great news, Here's some more classic war films.
The guns of naverone

The Heroes of Telemark, no release for this one yet :(

It was released in Denmark a while ago...2:35:1(non-anamorphic),fairly soft,reasonably clean transfer.

Some more good news here from DVD Debate
A Bridge Too Far is going to be released by MGM in May 2003. See here

I'll have to get a copy of this as I still vaguely recall my dad taking me to see it - a saturday special, I add as I'm not quite that old! But more than that, it's a classic in every respect. Once seen never forgotten.
And what's wrong with a silent stabbing than a 'silenced' gun which makes more noise but less viewer/realism effect and mess - Mister Muscle not in the kit bag for sure.

hi all
does anybody know if it will be the same version as the laser disc which i know is not great print but it does have the intermission and so on which is the best at the moment, better than the brit vid?i think, this is a great movie danny boy
simon

Excellent news about Where Eagles Dare. Along with 633 Squadron, these are Ron Goodwin's finest theme tunes, I think.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone remember a film starring Anthony Quinn called 'The Secret Of Santa Vittoria'. It used to be a regular 'bank-holiday' film like Guns of Navarone, but I haven't seen it on TV for years. Would be great if it came out on DVD... :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom