where does Ebay seller's get their DVDs from?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Bluecgi, May 15, 2002.

1. Bluecgi

Bluecgi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    most of them sell brand new (legit) Region1 DVDs for about US$10(their starting price), so I suspect they get them cheaper than that, probably at USD$6-8 each, while internet sites I've seen they sell at about $15 or more for most titles. where do they get those cheap DVDs?

do you guys know any good Region1 DVD websites?

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the starting price of $10 doesn't mean they paid less than that.

I start my auctions much lower than I expect to get for the item, it gets the interest going 'cos people think its cheap, then when the feeding fenzy starts with 1/2 hour to go you get the price you expect (or more).

I've not seen any bargains on e-bay for a while

3. Mindcrime

Mindcrime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Also Wal-Mart sell Brand New DVD's for as little as $7.99 so therefore they are making a $2.01 profit straight away!!! And if you look around the weekly flea-markets, DVD's are dirt cheap.

If Asda is supposedly owned by Wal-Mart, why can't we get DVD's equivalent to the rate of exchange; they sell all Super-Bit titles for $15.99 to $19.99. I picked up The One (Jet Li) for $13.99. Rip off Britain!!!!

4. mps

mps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Beware some of these sellers are fraudsters as they describe dvd,s as new but when you receive them they are actual copies. I
    was fortunate enough to receive my refund back from a guy in Canada.

5. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there are a lot of cheap dvds on the market here in the u.k. i.e. 3 for £13.00 plus vat at makro etc. and 247s under a fiver-but beware a lot if not most of these are made down to a price., some are reasonable but some are absolute rubish and barely watchable, caveat emptor.:)