• Amazon.co.uk

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters

adrian29459

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking around the forums lately there seems to be a lot of complaints about various games stores, with their expensive prices, poor trade-ins and dumb staff. I thought it might be sensible to create a poll to determine the best games store. Please leave comments why you think your choice is best.

Thanks.

I used Play - Asia for the first time last week and they were excellent. I bought PREY for i think £24 and it arrived within a few days with thankfully no custom charges. I will use them again without reservation very well recommended. Prior to that i used to get my games from Tesco's

I use Gamestation locally. The staff are decent, they still offer no hassle returns, and they happily price match the tesco in town.

On a winner all round!

needed multipul choice's as i use gameplay, play-asia and play.com

Same as above, I tend to buy from all over the place. Amazon, Play, Play-Asia, The Hut, Movietyme, HMV, Virgin, Gameplay.

That's just a handfull of the places I've used & been happy using. I tend to always keep an eye out for special deals, most of my games are bought that way.

Yup, could have done with multiple choice poll, I use Tesco, HMV, Virgin, Game and Gamestation and sometimes online, depending where I am and where the best deal is.

i use GAME for their no quibble returns policy...it's fun telling them you are returning a game because you completed it....:rotfl:

silvercue said:
i use GAME for their no quibble returns policy...it's fun telling them you are returning a game because you completed it....:rotfl:

:rotfl: I used to love doing that with GAME when I lived in England, they couldn't fuss about the reason & I never liked the shop so felt zero amount of guilt for doing it:D

I tend to use Gameplay the most, pretty much guarantee delivery on or before launch date for most games, their sales need to stop dragging the bottom of the barrel, but I've never had an issue with them.

Plus their prices are usually at least £10 cheaper than the likes of Game and Gamestation

Cheers

Soze

I normally use my local Tesco for new releases unless I see a special offer floating around and then I'll shop anywhere...:thumbsup:

Play.com for PAL/European release games.
Lik-Sang, Play-Asia and VideoGamesPlus.ca for imports.

Used them all for years and many, many games, and all quite reliable.

Woolworths .. My misses works there and gets big discounts :hiya:
I now know why i married her ! :eek: :devil:

I just wish there was something worth buying right now :(

silvercue said:
Going by your gamerscore that can't happen too often :D

Pooon said:
Going by your gamerscore that can't happen too often :D
LOL - thats true....:rotfl:

I am new to the Xbox world but have been using GAME for my gaming needs for many moons...

I use different stores too, but I created the thread to find out which was the ultimate gaming store for price, info, trade-ins, stock and overall if u feel comfortable. I hate gamestation in my town as they always play annoying hardcore dance music. Thought it might be interesting to see if some people vote their local shop. I use grainger games, in newcastle but theres a few around the north east and they're great for trade-ins and new games are cheap as chips with 360 games at £40 max. My all-time favourate store (now closed down) was next level gaming (also in newcastle) where-by all the staff were obviously hardcore gamers and they were very helpful with your choice of game, tellin you if the game is particularly crap. The shop had four demo pods with the latest games on each, and lots of retro console gear. They also did imports and if you needed a game from america, they would usually go over once a month and collect it for you.

I use these forums and tend to get games for 25 quid! They have all tended to be in top condition!

adrian29459 said:
I hate gamestation in my town as they always play annoying hardcore dance music.
That's easily fixed, complain to their head office, they ain't playing the prescribed music, and unless they have a proper public performance license and are paying royalties on every track they play, are probably being very naughty boys...

Bingo! Normal music being played at sensible volume :D

Oh, and I also take games back, and when they ask why I'm returning it, I say 'cos it's sh*t'... They often agree...;)

I picked "Other" as I buy from any/all of the options you listed... I buy wherever I find it for the cheapest and this varies with each game.
I am a retail tart... no customer loyalty from me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom