Where do you guys buy your cables?

Rich5ltr

Standard Member
Do you get them all off the Internet or is there somewhere like Maplins, PC World or Comet I can just go to and buy them? I want a QED HDMI Cable and thought I 'd just buy one rather then do the mail order thing which is a pain because you have to be in when Citilink turns up with the package! Rich...

Knightshade

Local Hi Fi dealer for me. Always matches prices off the internet. Plus I get to hear new gear and get well looked after....:)

Nic Rhodes

The Media Factory got my last order, see forum banner, recommended

rooo

I got my last 4 cables online. One of them wouldn't go through the letter box so it was a collect from post office jobbie, but all the others came through - including an 8m HDMI from the Media factory which was pretty chunky.

dodgyd

Depends what I'm buying and if I feel I'll benefit from potential support issues. On the whole I buy online. Something like a HDMI cable would be bought from Ebuyer if it was me (around £5).
Dave.

Nic Rhodes

I would do it the other way around as HDMI cables cause far more issues and Joe at TMF has more experience about them than anyone.

Kahuna

Fleabay.

dodgyd

Nic Rhodes said:
I would do it the other way around as HDMI cables cause far more issues and Joe at TMF has more experience about them than anyone.
Less than 5m, it's the cheapest I can buy everytime. They either work or they don't, there is not 'better' cable when we're talking HDMI.
Dave.

Nic Rhodes

Thanks for the advice, I guess the last three years writing, testing and advising MANY people here on HDMI and DVI cables was all a mirage ;) I have now replaced all my cables that don't work with ones that do, I just hope everyone else makes the perfect choice first time. Had a 1m HDMI cable fail yesterday, it was a cheap freebee supplied with equiment.......I think I would have been happier if they hadn't even supplied a cable and let me buy one that worked, certainly not expensive and would have saved me loads of time.

jayss

Standard Member
I don't want the guys at TMF to get big headed, but I have to agree. I only bought a low cost HDMI cable, but even with next day delivery they were still cheaper than all my local stores - and TMF's cable was from a brand I'd heard of.

skap7309

Banned
usually, and this applies to everything i buy, is go on a price comarison website like kelkoo, pricerunner etc and find the cheapest price (once ive found the best avalible through forums, magazine tests etc) then go on ebay. Whichever proves to be the cheapest gets my money.
It sounds like a military operation :oops: but over the past 18 months of this method, ive saved myself a qenuine fortune :smashin:

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello all

Many thanks for all the positive feedback :)

dodgyd - as others point out the 'they work or they don't' theory tends to fall to bits once folk start plugging kit together; lots of folk have issues with sparkles and interrupts on relatively short HDMI cables.

Due to price the BetterCables Display Magic cables may not be everyone's first choice and they are never going to feature high on skap7309's 'price comparison' charts but they do sort out problems for lots of folk who have tried lower cost/quality cables and had problems.

Rich5ltr - I've not seen QED in any of the places you mention; your local HiFi/Home Cinema store is a more likely supplier.

Best regards

Joe

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett