1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you get your DVDs

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by DavyMac, Oct 31, 2001.

1. DavyMac

DavyMac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New to the world of DVDs and am interested in where is best for buying DVDs.

I have received an order from Ezydvd and was happy with the service. Have ordered Shrek from Future Ent but not received it yet.

I remeber reading a thread with someone recommending a supplier from Canada, as they were cheaper.

Looking to build up list of suppliers to try them out myself.

Thanks in advance guys and gals.

DavyMac

2. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    i only use one company http://www.dv-depot.com/ superb customer support an even better 1 to 4 day delivery price.it works out at 7 quid for upto 7 disc an online tracking :D

3. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
  4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm a loyal www.play247.com customer. Always served me well. Great prices, fast service and acceptable (but could be better) customer service.

However, just to test FutureEnt as I'd never used them before, I also ordered Shrek from them and have yet to receive my order. It's just reinforced my opinion in and loyalty to Play.

www.dvdconcept.com has some good prices but their customer service is awful.

www.dvdboxoffice.com is Canadian based. Cheap, with free shipping worldwide, but can take months for orders to arrive, especially around this time of year. Their customer service outside of North America is practically non-existent too.

6. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ;) I have to stand up for http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/ here, I get great service from them, DVD's never take longer than 2 weeks, I've had one or two arrive in 5 days. They always turn out for me to be the cheapest, after you take in the shipping charges other companies charge. DVDs' are well packed too. Have used http://www.dv-depot.com/ as well, they are good too.

7. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  8. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For one off R1's I use Future and Play - also use Play for R2 discs.

For R4 - ezydvd.co.au

For R1 bulk buys - www.jetdvd.com who I have used for nearly 4 years - an excellent service

9. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +647
    I used to always used 'overseas' suppliers.. But after having a few deliverys take almost a month, I decided that the few ££s that I was saving wasn't worth it.

So, I started using Play.. They arn't quite as cheap, (but still cheaper than the UK) and they have never let me down.

If an R4 comes out with similar extras, I also use Ezdvd too. Their deliveries are almost as quick as Play and they are generally cheaper.

There isn't a problem getting them from the USA/Canada (dvdboxoffice and dvdepot have bothed proved themselves), its just that delivery can be a little unpredictable.

10. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most of my collection came from dvdboxoffice but i have stopped using them in favour of a&b sound who are cheaper and quicker. I usually order at weekends and a&b usually deliver on Thursday.

I have used play247 and they can be quick but their prices are often quite a bit more.

11. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    I have now started using EzyDVD after they sent The Mummy Returns to me within 5 days of ordering.

It's amazing how it can be cheaper to order it from Austrailia, have it posted and delivered to your door than jumping in your car and driving to the local town centre and buying it over the counter.

Their service has been excellent and i've just ordered Toy Story box set and There's Something About Mary from them too. Both of these were on special offer, so i should only be paying about £40 for the lot!

Used DVD Box Office in the past but they take ages to come.

Play 247 were good but it's a pain having them delivered registered post as you have to go to the Post Office to collect them if you miss the delivery.

Also used Future Ent who gave a good service too.

12. Force Field

Force Field

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I always use dv-depot.com based in Canada. Their customer service is excellent, and I have never yet had to wait more than three days from date or order. Discs are sent by DHL courier, for which you pay 10 dollars, but not once have I ever had problems with customs. Check them out.

13. bigH007

bigH007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.ezydvd.com.au is the way to go. I have been using then for the last few months and I am quite happy with their service.

I can place an order on Thursday and I will get the DVD on Monday or Tuesday. Not bad all the way from Aussie. I was able to pick up PM episode 1 for just under £15 including all postal charges.

The only problem is that some DVDs come out very late compare to R2 and R1. However it is worth the wait if you want to make hugh saving on price. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

14. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,930
    not sure about paying $10 for shipping!!!

15. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    what not sure about paying 7 quid for upto 7 disc 1 to 4 daydelivery lol id hate to get a christma present off you:clown:

16. DavyMac

DavyMac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the replies. Will probably give the Canadian suppliers a blast with my next order.

DavyMac