Where do you buy other Region DVDs?

rEVILospud

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I only got a multiregion DVD Player recently and want to buy non-Region 2 DVDs.
I bought Four Brothers Region 1 from cd-wow a couple of weeks ago with no problem. I then ordered Lost Season 1 Region 1 from them too but it hasn't even been dispatched after almost 2 weeks, rest assured they took the money immediately though.
I couldn't seem to find many UK websites that sell other Region DVDs, so was just looking for some recommended sites.
Has anyone tried loaded247?
Thanks.

Try Play.com and click on the international link in the top right (you may have to select the DVD section before you get the international link option). They are generally pretty fast at delivery (to Ireland anyway ... should be quicker to the UK) and don't charge you until it is shipped. If a DVD never arrives (happed to me once) one quick call and they'll send it again ... no questions, don't try mailing them as you'll never hear back.

Got a couple of DVD's from Loaded247 (region 2) and they took for ages to arrive (i don't think they keep stock) so region 1 may take longer. But on the upside they do deliver.

cdwow sell r1 and r3, so i sometimes use them

digitaleyes.net are also cool for r1

I use any of the following...

DVDboxoffice.com
DVDpacific.com
CD-Wow.Com
Playusa.com
Movietyme.com

And I've just placed my first order with Axelmusic.com

All of the above have been fantastic...stuff all arrives quickly & with no problems.

Neil

This is really a DVD Supplier forum question, but CD-Wow, Movietyme and mostly Axel for myself, with Yesasia for Asian stuff and CDJapan for Japanese titles. I've used Amazon.co.jp twice, once was fine, but the second time was a nightmare.

From my experience I have ordered from the following

Disc Emporium: This supplier I have used for many years. They are not the cheapest, but I have never had any problems with them, and they are very reliable.

CD Wow: I have just recently started using these and everything has been fine.

Play.Com: are fine for Region 2 titles, but I have been advised that Play USA only supply Canadian version of Region 1 titles.

Axel Music: is also very good I have used them a couple of times with no problems.

I hope that this is of some assistance.

:thumbsup:

For Region 1 DVDs I always try either Axel Music, CDWow, Movietyme or Loaded247 as they are all customs friendly.

most of the discs i get from movietyme come with 3 2nd class stamps on,posted from walsall!

calibradtm said:
most of the discs i get from movietyme come with 3 2nd class stamps on,posted from walsall!

They are posted from outside the uk to the Movietyme office and then posted on - that is why they are 100% customs safe.

rEVILospud said:
I only got a multiregion DVD Player recently and want to buy non-Region 2 DVDs.
I bought Four Brothers Region 1 from cd-wow a couple of weeks ago with no problem. I then ordered Lost Season 1 Region 1 from them too but it hasn't even been dispatched after almost 2 weeks, rest assured they took the money immediately though.
I couldn't seem to find many UK websites that sell other Region DVDs, so was just looking for some recommended sites.
Has anyone tried loaded247?
Thanks.
Loaded 247 is usually excellent and they don't take the payment out of your account until item is dispatched - also they pay any import charges on your behalf so you never get any nasty surprises when the postman delivers.

Steve Burling said:
From my experience I have ordered from the following

Disc Emporium: This supplier I have used for many years. They are not the cheapest, but I have never had any problems with them, and they are very reliable.

I ditto that

Conn said:
They are posted from outside the uk to the Movietyme office and then posted on - that is why they are 100% customs safe.

How does that make them customs safe? :confused:

The best retailer for DVDs from all over the world including the UK would have to be CD wow. It's worth noting that they have been voted by forum members as the best DVD retailer of the year for the last two years running (at least). Fantastic customer service.

I also recommend axel music.com who are very much like CD wow in that they supplied DVDs from all over the world. They do have some good bargains but on a lot of new stuff they can be a little expensive.

For Korean region 3 DVDs I recommend Korean DVDs.com as they have served me extremely well over the last couple of years.

Most of the other companies I have used have only been for one of two orders so I won't bother mentioning them specifically.

magicmushrooms said:
How does that make them customs safe? :confused:

The best retailer for DVDs from all over the world including the UK would have to be CD wow. It's worth noting that they have been voted by forum members as the best DVD retailer of the year for the last two years running (at least). Fantastic customer service.

Because you only risk a customs charge on an item sent to you from outside the EU. If it has got a London post mark, it has not come to you from outside the EU, so no chance of a charge.

CD WOW are great but with a limited catalogue (unless this new Warehouse feature of theirs corrects that limitation)

philbam said:
Loaded 247 is usually excellent and they don't take the payment out of your account until item is dispatched - also they pay any import charges on your behalf so you never get any nasty surprises when the postman delivers.
Unless they have changed their practises recently they take payment at the time of your order, not when it is dispatched just like with CDWow.

Also worth pointing out they mostly stock Canadian R1 releases so expect dual language covers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom