Where do you buy budget or used sub?

B

boerewors

Hi all

I am new to the world of home cinema and am trying to put together a system on a shoe string:)
I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 540R v2 receiver, a couple of Eltax monitor III's, some kind of centre speaker and a couple of JBL E10's

I am looking for a sub to join the system. Can someone offer some advice on budget subs? Also where can one buy a decent used sub, and then which subs are good to buy used? ( my budget hovers around the £100 mark)

You have probably heard this same question loads of times, but thanks for the advise!

Regards

Boerewors Rol

suggest checking the trading forums on here would be a start

Thanks for replying to this thread and pointing me to the trade section. All advise is very welcome and much appreciated.
:thumbsup:

I can obtain a Celestion S8 and some other sub I think it is a Miller&Kreisal v1250 or something. Would any of them be any good?

Hi all

I am new to the world of home cinema and am trying to put together a system on a shoe string:)
I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 540R v2 receiver, a couple of Eltax monitor III's, some kind of centre speaker and a couple of JBL E10's

I am looking for a sub to join the system. Can someone offer some advice on budget subs? Also where can one buy a decent used sub, and then which subs are good to buy used? ( my budget hovers around the £100 mark)

You have probably heard this same question loads of times, but thanks for the advise!

Regards

Boerewors Rol

Someone pointed me to a decent looking sub from Tannoy Saturn range. Though, I have not demo'd them myself personally, but the specs look pretty decent.

They have been mentioned in this thread:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439276

Though, if you do get a chance to demo them, let us know, as I was also thinking about refereing them to someone on a tighter budget.

Cheers, and good luck with your purchase...:thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply. I will definately look into this sub. It looks like quite a monster for the money. - Will just have to tell the wife a white lie about the cost. The boss wants me to have a less expensive sub:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

RESTORATION vs. REVISIONISM: At what point do 4K video and audio 'upgrades' cross the line?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom