Where do you buy budget or used sub?

B

boerewors

Hi all

I am new to the world of home cinema and am trying to put together a system on a shoe string:)
I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 540R v2 receiver, a couple of Eltax monitor III's, some kind of centre speaker and a couple of JBL E10's

I am looking for a sub to join the system. Can someone offer some advice on budget subs? Also where can one buy a decent used sub, and then which subs are good to buy used? ( my budget hovers around the £100 mark)

You have probably heard this same question loads of times, but thanks for the advise!

Regards

Boerewors Rol

sk8

Novice Member
suggest checking the trading forums on here would be a start

B

boerewors

Thanks for replying to this thread and pointing me to the trade section. All advise is very welcome and much appreciated.
:thumbsup:

B

boerewors

I can obtain a Celestion S8 and some other sub I think it is a Miller&Kreisal v1250 or something. Would any of them be any good?

Hi all

I am new to the world of home cinema and am trying to put together a system on a shoe string:)
I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 540R v2 receiver, a couple of Eltax monitor III's, some kind of centre speaker and a couple of JBL E10's

I am looking for a sub to join the system. Can someone offer some advice on budget subs? Also where can one buy a decent used sub, and then which subs are good to buy used? ( my budget hovers around the £100 mark)

You have probably heard this same question loads of times, but thanks for the advise!

Regards

Boerewors Rol

Someone pointed me to a decent looking sub from Tannoy Saturn range. Though, I have not demo'd them myself personally, but the specs look pretty decent.

They have been mentioned in this thread:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439276

Though, if you do get a chance to demo them, let us know, as I was also thinking about refereing them to someone on a tighter budget.

Cheers, and good luck with your purchase...:thumbsup:

B

boerewors

Thanks for the reply. I will definately look into this sub. It looks like quite a monster for the money. - Will just have to tell the wife a white lie about the cost. The boss wants me to have a less expensive sub:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom