where do 'ye all' buuy your lasedriscs from?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by hank hill, Oct 29, 2000.

1. hank hill

hank hill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have used sendmemovies.com who were good, but quite expensive and ken cranes seems to have wound up.

What's ro-disc like for postage and are they a bit expensive for the discs.

------------------
    I'm gonna catch them sucka's if its the last thing I ever do.

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hank,

Before you order anything, e-mail Ro-Disc first. I have tried contacting them on three occasions now, requesting info on how a UK-based DVD fan of "e.r." could get hold of the two complete Season 1 and Season 2 boxed-sets but fail to get any reply.

Personally, if they can't even reply to a simple e-mail, then I wouldn't even attempt a mail-order.

However... If you do happen to be going to the Netherlands, or wherever it is they are based, and you can get to their actual shops, you may find their service and prices are quite good, but to find that out is going to cost you.

Hope this helps you out of your dilemma,

Pooch

3. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I don't know if the K. Cranes site will be back up. Their sister site is dvdplanet.com
    others to try:
    laserexchange.com
    eav.com
    lasertown.com
    lvd.com

If you're really patient, inquire about surface mail from U.S. sites. A bud in Paris does this to save on shipping. It is slo-ooow, he sez! But he saves mucho dinero, err, Francs, is it Euros yet? EAV has closeout titles for $5. Regular shipping is way more than the discs though. EAV's ( Evolution A/V) site is not the best, but the prices are. Laserexchange's site is not secure. I order by phone. They are supposed to get a new site, when? Lasertown is high but they have some stuff left that others don't. I have not been to LVD.com (formerly Laserdisc Fan Club) lately.... Choices are fading away fast! Best wishes!

------------------

Rachael, the big disc cat!

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried Send Me Movies
    http://www.laserdiscdivision.com/index1.htm

They still have a few LD's left, plus they say they can get the TPM LD and are listing the New Japanese SW trilogy box set........at almost $200!!!

------------------
    "Why do I do this? Three reasons: the pay is good, the scenery changes, and they let me use explosives."

http://www.ypcc.co.uk

5. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Add, rpmrecords.cm to my list!

------------------

6. hank hill

hank hill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey b*tch...

sorry that wasn't very nice

laserexchange is really good, but eav.com seems just to ba a search page

------------------

7. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Hank, oh bee-have, Evolution is a seller of close-out discs. Their site is awful, but I bought about twenty LDs from them. I paid $5 for most of them. You'll have to e-mail them to discuss shipping options. I have not been to their site lately. They have been quite the rage over here. I don't know what they have left at this point. They were getting huge shipments of LDs from Japan.

Ken Cranes' site went back on line today. U-571 stille has a release date of 14 Nov. I hope it releases, boom, boom! It will proably be my last LD, my swansong.... There won't be too many more releases, if any. All these sources are going to dry up soon. E-bay will become the world's main, maybe only supermarket for LDs.

------------------

8. hank hill

hank hill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    at last

I was going to order the jaws signature box from them and then they died

they also stopped selling buena vista/disney titles last month, which was a bit of a bugger. I wanted to buy some.

I now buy laserdiscs from ebay, i buy new films on DVD and nineties films on laser as it's cheaper and has excellent shelf presence, shown up on the recent T2 release, my frind bought the dvd, which admittedly was in DTS and Dolby Digital, but the box was s h i t, and not as great as the beautiful laserdisc box set, albeit in Surround

------------------

[This message has been edited by hank hill (edited 04-11-2000).]

9. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    hank
    why not log onto the newsgroup listed with NTL for laserdiscs, just type in laserdiscs as a sunject in the search for newsgroup section and there is a group that talk about laserdiscs and have 100's of sales and swaps, no need to buy from a shop as they are non-existent now, I was looking for some Babylon 5 lasers myself but could not find any, do you know someone who is selling any?

10. hank hill

hank hill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes
    www.laserexchange.com (thanks bitch)

for $10, although I don't know which ones and how much shipping will be

i'm going to order a few in december, before the slae ends (films though, not babylon 5)

------------------

11. MJ

MJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    ......and who said "laserdisc was dead".....

12. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Hank, why don't you call me by my real name Bitchlisto, I'm 1/96 th Italian. When you move to America, your name isn't allowed to end in vowells, that's a law. I think Disney set up those sales on their LDs. A bunch of sites were selling their discs on the same time limit. Disney is always on about moratoriums and limited time sales. It can't be coincedence that all those sites had the same silly rules and the exact same prices! What are they gonna do with the leftover, unsold discs? Shoot skeet with'em, put'em in a vault? Shoot 'em into space for aliens to find, or what? Hank, MICKEY is pulling the strings of those little puppets. Buenos noches.

Muchas sinceridad, Rachella Bitchlisto, la Presidente por Republica de Polezannia.

13. Jesus H

Jesus H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to be Hank Hill but blade killed me so

thanks rachael (is that better), mickey's high on smack and speedballs which is affecting his judgement
    you can tell by the dilated pupils (he seems to be spreading it about his chums too)

as for your final comment, no i dont understand and quote

'a dinnea care aboot that itie sh*te yuv been postin' ...ya bass' there you go, a scots slant, if any wegies/fifers would like to make this more authentic, be my guest. Folks from edinburgh have lost scots somewhere along the line

------------------
    'This one's got a bad mmooooooooooooooooootivaaaaaaator (in a very camp voice)'

[This message has been edited by Jesus H (edited 07-11-2000).]

14. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    We're all learning Espanol over here due to the massive wave of immigrants who habla (speak) it. Disney is a lousy outfit. Disney is also, Hollywood, Buena Vista, Touchstone, Miramax, and several others I can't recall at this moment. Is the thing you don't understand, very sincerely Rachcella Bitchlisto presidente of the Republic of Polezannia? I started my own country so I could be an important offical. I got an e-mail today from Laser Exchange, announcing a sale on used LDs for $7 each. You got me on your hard to understand stuff! Since Blade did this to you, does that make you part vampire? Do you have to take garlic injections? Did you have to go to court to change your name? Or, did you have to ask the Pope's or Billy Graham's permission? Recuerdos ( best wishes)! I hope you can get a few LDs you want!

------------------

15. Jesus H

Jesus H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    aye whatever, have you seen the recent titles for sale at laserexchange i.e deep blue sea, lethal weapon 4
    ithought they finished producin them

------------------

16. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    love is in the air!

It is so cute to see two laserdisc lovers (figuratively) plotting to overthrow one of most powerful studios in the world.

awwwwwwww
    rachael and jesus up a tree
    K I S S I N G
    fist came love
    then came marriage
    then comes the baby in the rotten cabbage

HA HA HA HA

------------------
    the blues brothers.....they still owe you money foo'

17. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Jesus H., I don't know if DEEP BLUE SEA is even on LD. I think LETHAL WEAPON 4 is. I have not seen them, but I have not looked. Diesel, actually I have a soft spot for poets! Best wishes!

------------------

18. Jesus H

Jesus H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    deep blue sea was on sale at laserexchange for $10, as was Wild Wild West $10 as well
    the sale was meant to go on until december, but they are selling off used ones for $8 now

------------------

19. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recommend www.bigemma.com - they have lots of used laserdiscs and dvds, some from under $5. They are also a good source of out-of-print discs hard to find anyplace else. I've found them reliable (although delivery can sometimes be a little slow).