Where do I view saved video clips?

Istanbul_Kop

Ex Member
Reaction score
Bit confused.

If I press the share button 'once' during gameplay, it will save a 15 minute video clip? Where do I view this offline, and can I edit for offline viewing too?

And, if I press the share button 'twice', it starts a recording, until I press the share button again?

It works like this:

If you press share then it saves a 15 minute clip completely at random. Could be the bit you wanted. But most likely it's 15 mins of random footage probably from a couple of hours ago :D

If you double tap share then it starts recording a rolling 15 mins until you push share. At which point it saves that clip.

---

To view you saved media you click on PROFILE where your picture is in the dynamic menu bar.

Then right under your picture there are three wee icons. One is a folder. Click on that.

The share function seems very random.

Scored a great goal in FIFA last week, hit share and found the previous 15-minutes saved with my goal so edited it and uploaded to Facebook. Scored another cracker today, hit share, only to find the previous 15-minute clip was from gameplay that had taken place an hour ago?

I thought the PS4 was always recording the previous 15-minutes but it seems not.

@Soundburst...like you said, hitting share just gives you a random clip and you have to tap it twice to activate the rolling previous 15-minutes of gameplay.

The share function seems very random.

Scored a great goal in FIFA last week, hit share and found the previous 15-minutes saved with my goal so edited it and uploaded to Facebook. Scored another cracker today, hit share, only to find the previous 15-minute clip was from gameplay that had taken place an hour ago?

I thought the PS4 was always recording the previous 15-minutes but it seems not.

@Soundburst...like you said, hitting share just gives you a random clip and you have to tap it twice to activate the rolling previous 15-minutes of gameplay.

I think automatic recording messes up if you bring up the new XMB menu in a game. Don't know why though. It should record that too. It's a bit crap.

Just double tap every time :)

Hmmm, it's not something I've fully explored yet, but that doesn't sound too good.

The main attraction to me was being able to record something amazing that just happened.

Usually you don't know something good is going to happen until it has happened.

I'll give it a go.

Hmmm, it's not something I've fully explored yet, but that doesn't sound too good.

The main attraction to me was being able to record something amazing that just happened.

Usually you don't know something good is going to happen until it has happened.

I'll give it a go.

Yes but you don't need to know... When your game starts just double tap share and you'll force start recording a 15 min rolling record.

When your awesome moment happens; tap the share button. It'll save 15 mins with your awesome moment being in the last minute. Then go back to your game (and double tap again to start recording again).

Hope this helps.

Doesn't that mean you'll end up with a load of huge video clips though that you'll have to go in and delete all the time?

I only share photos as I've found the video share feature crap. Had a play around with Xbox one at my brother in-laws and the recording feature works much better than this.

Not had any issues with the record feature so far.

Score a cracking goal, etc, hit the share button & it always seems to save the last 15mins which I can then edit and share.

Lucky you. I always thought double tapping record to definitely ensure recording worked.

But even that is broken.

Got an amazing run of knife kills using boost in Killzone. Saved my clip. Hit share. Looked at the screen preview and sure enough it was from moments ago. Played on.

Have just gone back to upload it. Screenshot preview of the video is exactly what I want; clip itself doesn't contain ANY footage from the match.

What a joke :(

Wouldn't get this sort of keck on XBOX One lol

I tried it after I hit a weird bug in the BF4 campaign. The clip was 13 minutes and finished before the bit I wanted.
Yeah it's well known the share feature is broken. Must be really complicated to fix if it's been nearly two months and no sign of a patch for one of the consoles major innovations.

It seemed work fine for me last night, auto-recording COD, trimmed, edited and uploaded to Facebook without having to initiate anything via the share button.

Unsure if this is a fix or not.

It's definitely still broken, I scored 2 late goals in a FIFA match the other night, hit Share, and the clip was from the match previous to the one I scored 2 late goals in

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom