Where do I start?

mikeeee30

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm lucky enough to be building our new house and we are now sealed with a roof and have just started first fix of the top two floors which have been fully designed so its time to turn my attention for the detail for the fun areas. i have a cinema room allocated but she who must be obeyed and i can do pretty much what i like in here.

The room is 4933mm x 4389mm as per the attached file.

I have a budget of c.£50k, will this be enough, about to specify first fix so where should i put the data and power to. assuming 12 x power at front and 2 x high rear for prjector(whichever rear is). ive specified 6 x Cat6 and 6 x Cat7 cables back to my unifi switches in my node zero (all house is wired for 4k over IP).

It is so long since i bought come cinema speakers. my current ones are B&W CDM7's with a matching centre and M1's at the rear but this is in my current lounge and thought now was time for upgrade. only criteria is it needs to look neat or as well as losing my budget i'll lose something else too. should i be looking at in wall or stand alone speakers etc.. havent looked at home cinema since 5.1 was new so a bit off the pace.

What do i need to think about?

Ta
Mike

Attachments

• cinema room.png
    cinema room.png
    286.8 KB · Views: 22

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom