1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I start?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Scuba Steve, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just ordered a Sharp LC26GA4E screen and need to buy a DVD player to keep it company. I haven't got the foggiest on what to get. One consideration was a DVD/Video combi as my VCR has seen better days aswell.

I am baffled by all the new technology and would really appreciate a heads up on what I should be looking out for.

Cheers!

2. xavk1

xavk1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Steve,

To get the best possible advise, you may want to give us a little more detail about your setup.

What is your aim with the DVD player? Is it best quality picture for movies, or more a jack of all trades that will also be your CD player (or even SACD or DVDA)?

What is your potential budget etc?

The more detail you can provide about what you want (and why), the more detailed a response you will likely get.

X

3. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    X

Thanks for the reply.

As I said, the TV will be a Sharp LC26GA4E and I will be hooking it up to Sky and PS2 aswell as the DVD player. My main aim is just good quality playback for DVDs. I won't be playing CDs on it although I will be running the sound through a Pioneer S-L11-S-LRW speaker system and M-L11 amp.

I am not desperately concerned about recording but if I can afford it I may aswell go down that route. I was aiming to spend in the region of £100 - £150 but less if possible.

I hope this helps. Thanks again.

Steve

4. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?......Someone?......