1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where do I start?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by kwijibo, Aug 14, 2004.

1. kwijibo

kwijibo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    HCPC. Its the future (along with Garlic Bread). I want one. My mate can build one. Money is not the main concern.

Can you list a wish for list of components my mate should look for to buy and build a cool hcpc for me. I want to hold over 500 cd s uncompressed and about 100 DVDs uncommpressed. The hard drive will not be used for anything else. I have searched here, but to be honest, this confused the hell out of me. I just want it to work, I am not interested in this as a pc based hobby. Performance is very important so what can I do to get this started? Where do I start? :confused:

2. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As no one else has respond to this thread yet then I will jump in.

My company (EPC) manufactures a range of HCPC to meet most peoples need. All our systems come with a front end interface so they are easy to use and the whole system is remote controlled. All our systems are very quiet and come in a range of cases and configurations and we are currently giving forum members good pricing on all our systems.

Every system that goes out of the door is fully configured so there is no messing about with software and hardware trying to get them to work correctly. On top of all this our flag ship model the Fidelity II has earned a best buy award in Home Cinema Choice Magazine and a editors choice award in Digital Home Magazine which will be in stores soon. If you would like to discuss having a HCPC built for you with top of the range audio and visual performance in mind then either send us a mail or give me a ring in the office.

3. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    For your needs you'll be looking at around 1.5Terabytes of storage, so my main point would be for you to start looking into large storage solutions first!