• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Where do I stand?

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
I bought a tickets off a website for a festival for £175 back in March. Though I was never charged for them and today received it in the post.

Could they make me pay for it if they ever realise their error?

alnwrd

The statute of limitations act allows debts to be chases for up to 6 years. After that they are not recoverable and classed as statute barred

DJT75

Distinguished Member
They'll likely catch up & take the money off you eventually. I think they've got 6 years to do so. So stick it in the bank & forget about it for now.

I sat on a £3000 sofa for well over a year before they realised & knocked on my door.

FZR400RRSP

Banned
I would imagine they have ROT (Retention of title) for the tickets until they are paid for.
So they have the right to ask for them back or cancel them until paid for.

BTW, I think it's three years in Scotland, or used to be.
I remember not being billed for stamp duty on a house once.
I banked the money and sweated for three years, then had a holiday with it!

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
I would imagine they have ROT (Retention of title) for the tickets until they are paid for.
So they have the right to ask for them back or cancel them until paid for.

BTW, I think it's three years in Scotland, or used to be.
I remember not being billed for stamp duty on a house once.
I banked the money and sweated for three years, then had a holiday with it!

They better hurry then. I'll be using the tickets next Wednesday. Worst comes to worst I can afford to fork out the money for them anyways if they ask. Best case I got them for free :)

Shady

If you have the money now - put it to one side so you know you can draw on it should the time come...

D

Deleted member 161415

Can I ask why you would'nt want to contact the company, explain their error and then offer payment anyway.

Above assumes you are happy with the tickets and the price of course

Mark

kopchoir

Banned
where they sent recorded delivery or any other method for them to know that you have recieved them;);)

rickinyorkshire

Distinguished Member
Can I ask why you would'nt want to contact the company, explain their error and then offer payment anyway.

Mark

I would say because we all want things for free, i certainly wouldn't contact them. But that's just my opinion having financial trouble with a family to support.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Its a simple action for the price. s.49 SGA

wormvortex

Distinguished Member

Mark

because I'm not an idiot? :D

I've got no problem with paying for goods. But I'd much rather have them for free.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom