Where do I stand with this?

J

jag

I purchased some KEF Eggs and a pair of the KEF stands last weekend. Last night I started to put them together. The first stand went on fine.

On the second stand, I had just connected the speaker to it and all was fine when the next thing I knew the speaker came crashing to the floor :eek:

Basically the top end of the stand had snapped off. The speaker now has a small dent in the grille.

I went back to the store where I purchased them all from, told them what happened, and asked if I could get them replaced.

They managed to fix the stand by replacing the removable top part but said that nothing could be done with the speaker.

Apparently any stand manufacturer, including KEF, will not accept any responsibilty for any damage occurred to anything due to a fault in their product :confused:

The thing is that he actually said the stand was faulty and was happy to fix it but surely that should mean a speaker replacement as it is damaged because of the faulty stand.

I am awaiting further comments as he contacts KEF but just wondered how this should be approached if I don't get the result I want.

Jag. (not happy at the moment :( )

You could always ask Kef directly?? Ron Locke is a member of this forum and works for Kef.

I´m sure someone else had a similar problem recently, not damage to the speaker, but part of the stand snapped.

Kefs site is www.kef.com

Originally posted by jag
Apparently any stand manufacturer, including KEF, will not accept any responsibilty for any damage occurred to anything due to a fault in their product :confused:

Are you saying that if Boeing supplied a faulty Jumbo jet that crashed and killed 600 people their liability would only be limited to the spark plug that failed.

I see by the other posts on this matter it is a re occuring fault with the Kef, so if you were using the stands within the published spec then you should have a case.

By the way I like the pun in the title

Originally posted by Ian J

Are you saying that if Boeing supplied a faulty Jumbo jet that crashed and killed 600 people their liability would only be limited to the spark plug that failed.

do planes have spark plugs??

do planes have spark plugs??

I think something must be in their jet engines to ignite the kerosine/air mixture initially. I don't think they give off sparks every revolution tho, as they do in four stroke engines (well, not every revolution, but every fourth revolution),but just to get the engine started, much like the heating plugs in diesel engines...
Why am I answering this anyway ? :rolleyes:

Anyway, maybe we should start another tread as this seems to be a serious case of "thread hijacking" :D

CJ

LOL........we've enough about KEF eggs......

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom