1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do i stand with this help asap.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by SLIM, Dec 25, 2004.

1. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ok guys im paying for a LG RZ20LA70. Im all most done with the payment's but what i wont to know is when i have payed it in full and pick't it up from the shop am i able to get a full refund as its brand new and not even left the shop ?. The reson i ask is becouse of the ( Tevion 27" LCD TV from ALDI £599 ) seam a realy good price the LG is costing me £450

2. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Are would i nead to take the screen home and then take it back ? any help thank's

3. MrConfuse

MrConfuse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If u buy it over the internet u should be able to return it within 7 days under distance selling act all mail order internet shops known about it and will have to take it back.
    Hope this help but please not I am not a lawyer.
    Mery Xmas

4. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Speaking from the other side of the fence (as an internet retailer but not of TV's), yes, we do have to give a 7 day cooling off period on items bought (there are some exclusions such as special order items which you may fall foul of or carriage charges).

You would be far better to contact your dealer directly and say that you no longer wish to purchase the set as you have found out that it doesn't fit your requirements and you are letting them know before they go to the expense of shipping it out to you. If they say that you can't cancel your order then point out to them that you do have a seven day period to return the set under the distance selling regulations anyway if it isn't appropriate for your needs and if they insist that you cannot cancel your order now then you will have to use that facility. (If you do have to use that facility then you will almost certainly be liable for the carriage charges both ways.) It would be in the better interests of the dealer to resolve the issue *BEFORE* the item is shipped to you and opened by you as once they have an opened item they should not legally sell it again unless it is clearly stated to be an opened customer return - they should not sell it as new. (I hate this as the manufacturers have no similar obligation to the dealers so internet retail is in many ways far more of a risk to the dealer than the buyer as the dealer just ends up with stock they can't sell.)

It is possible (however, unlikely) that they had listed the set as a special order item which is non-returnable unless faulty or that they have specified that they make a restocking charge for items returned that are not faulty.

Phil

5. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hello guy's this is not from a internet retailer its from a local shop. The shop is called Cash Generator the ( item is 1ST Bite ) 1ST bite is Brand new goods thay have 3 bite's

(1ST BITE ) Brand New Good's 12 mth's GUARANTE
    (2ND BITE ) PRE-OWNED GOODS SOME GUARANTE
    (3RD BITE ) GRADED SOME GUARANTE
    I hade to put down £90 Deposite on the day then i payed £210 so in all i payed them £300 thay are not going to order the TV till the 15/1/05 so not in the shop yet anyway.
    So dont no wear i stand are what to do.
    If i pay the remainder for the TV and then say i dont wont the tv Should i beable to get a full refound ?.
    thank's

6. MrConfuse

MrConfuse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    m8 I am not sure why it should be a problem.
    a) You tell the shop now you do not want to buy it .

If the shop gives you hard time just get in touch with your local trading office who be able to help you out.

Just ring up yopur local council and tell them you want to speak to Local trading officer.

I can understand the pressure you are feeling as I have gone throgh ithis many time myself.

However one think is certain you will get you money back.

7. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I think that thay will try to keep the Deposite thats the problem i dont want to loose the £90 thats the problem as i think they will try to keep it