Where do I get map packs?

ereeiz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, my mate has a 360 and can't get online to download anything because of various logistical issues with tvs, wired routers and a lack of technical knowledge in general!
Where or how could he get them from? Is it possible to download them from anywhere to load onto the xbox? Can you get them off the manufacturers website like you can with PC add-ons?
Even if he could get it online, it'd probably take too long to get enough points to "buy" the maps I guess? There's only 4 of us that play it at his so it's ideal really, just annoying that we can't play the new levels! (Do you unlock more guns etc like in COD4 if you play online? there seems to be a couple of guns mising I think).

Failing all that, could he just bite the bullet and buy a new copy of the game with the maps on?

Thanks.:thumbsup:

As far as I am aware you can only download them from XBox live, but of course you can buy as you suggest the game with the additional map packs on it. :(

Hummm ,could he not take his hard drive to your house and down load from your 360 ? not sure if this would work ,but it may be worth a shot ?

Hummm ,could he not take his hard drive to your house and down load from your 360 ? not sure if this would work ,but it may be worth a shot ?

I don't have mine anymore, it had the drive flashed too so that would have been ideal, could have got a new game for a tenner, lol. I'm not sure if his is actually, I've never asked. Don't recall seeing any backups lying around.

Even if we did take it elsewhere to just download the maps, how do you earn the points? I only played COD4 for about a month in Jan 08 and seem to remember earning/unlocking things as I played online, I guess this is what you have to do to get them on COD5? Can you just buy it? He's a fickle bugger y'see and is the sort that doesn't like his precious belongings being anywhere than in his posession, so if it were to take a few weeks of online playing to gain enough points, this would be a no.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Why doesn't he just connect to xbox live and play it online and then download the maps :confused:
You dont earn points to buy the maps you actually have to pay with MS Points :rolleyes:

Deftones

I don't have mine anymore, it had the drive flashed too so that would have been ideal, could have got a new game for a tenner, lol. I'm not sure if his is actually, I've never asked. Don't recall seeing any backups lying around.

Even if we did take it elsewhere to just download the maps, how do you earn the points? I only played COD4 for about a month in Jan 08 and seem to remember earning/unlocking things as I played online, I guess this is what you have to do to get them on COD5? Can you just buy it? He's a fickle bugger y'see and is the sort that doesn't like his precious belongings being anywhere than in his posession, so if it were to take a few weeks of online playing to gain enough points, this would be a no.

Thanks

well the only 'above board' :D sollution to him is to go to a shop, buy the points, connect his xbox to someone's internet, redeem the code then download the maps.

But the question remains, if he doesn't play it online, why does he really want the new multiplayer maps? It'll be cack on splitscreen

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom