Where do i get euro1080/astra/probien

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by dsp fan, Oct 26, 2004.

1. dsp fan

dsp fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    i know the answer literally, the sky, but what I am actually looking for is a shop that is both knowledgeable and dedicated to the format and the products from standalone to pc cards if necessary.

I am not techie in that area and would want them to help with setup and advice, oh and they would ideally be based in Surrey so i could visit, etc. Reason it seems that things keep changing and suddenly you cannot receive a channel and everyone races of to another, its clear and then encrypted ??

If this was asked a while ago, sorry I have scoured the threads and have found a web site in bagshot with not reference to the HDTV, some place in Essex that has a shop and does everything via email .

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction or am i being just too specific

2. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Which bit of Surrey are you in mate ? I've just been through all this - tried the place in Bagshot and they were shockingly bad, and didn't know squat. Fortunately a good friend of mine is a self-employed sat fitter, so he sorted me for dish, motor etc. If you're close by (Baghot-ish) then I'm sure he could help.

3. dsp fan

dsp fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cwick,

thanks for the offer, perhaps we can take it offline but if you know sunny leatherhead then you are a true surreion.

My problem is - as totally missunderstood by the people i called on the phone, when things happen like it goes off air, or i want to tune to another channel, or get all three europe feeds, i would not know how to do it, so wanted to be able to call someone for advice.

Worryingly if you went through this exercise and was done a favour by a mate, does not sound like i am going to come up with the right answer in surrey ??

I will await some other pings and hopefully without insulting your offer I might come back. thanks for the quick response.

4. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Ah, I see. That kind of thing goes above and beyond the normal sat shop level of service. I do know that my mate frequently gets calls (most Friday nights, it seems) from a customer who wants to know answers to similar questions - most times it turns out the guy has forgotten to turn the dish for the channel he's after, and he seems incapable of doing so without someone holding his hand. Whether he wants another customer who'll be calling him at ackwards times, I'm not too sure ;)

I'll be speaking to him this evening - I'll see if he can recommend anyone in the Leatherhead area.

Cheers, Carl.

5. dsp fan

dsp fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Carl,
    im not that bad ! Calculating the telemetry and metaphysical angles of the trajectory entry of the transmission is within my grasp, checking the unit is turned on after my 2 year old turned it off is what support is for. :D

Perhaps you can mail me some details if he comes up with anyone,

thanks a bunch, by the way how good is it and what are you using to view it out of interest ?

tony