Where do I find the software version?

PhilNUK

Hi guys...

I have tried updating the software on my SKYHD box about 10 times now...
and the software version in System Details doesn't change.. even though the 'updating' screen stays up for 10 mins or so..

am I looking in the right place?

EPG Software Version... in system details?

am sure the software number is different to ones that people have posted on here.

cheers for any help

JimmyT

I dont believe you can update to the newer version of the software. From what i have read previously you have to wait until Sky pushes it to you. There seems to be a phased rollout. There are other threads on this. I think one was titled 'EPG Update' or similar. Im assuming thats what you are trying to do.

PhilNUK

I dont believe you can update to the newer version of the software. From what i have read previously you have to wait until Sky pushes it to you. There seems to be a phased rollout. There are other threads on this. I think one was titled 'EPG Update' or similar. Im assuming thats what you are trying to do.

thanks for the reply...

so what gets updated when you hold the backup button down?

C225

Distinguished Member
The latest version that is availible for the forced download in this case the previous software version.

PhilNUK

The latest version that is availible for the forced download in this case the previous software version.

ok thanks....

but when I do an update its not updating the software (epg) to the ones that people have listed on here, even though it comes up with the updating screen.

C225

Distinguished Member
ok thanks....

but when I do an update its not updating the software (epg) to the ones that people have listed on here, even though it comes up with the updating screen.

Yes because it is not availible on the forced download as it is still in the overair download process. The update you keep applying is for the previous version.

I know its not a very good system and confused me when i installed my box yesterday and why i wasnt getting anytime but it seems you just have to wait for the box to update itself.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom