Where did my grid go ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Gee_DD, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Gee_DD

Gee_DD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I was trying to allign by poorly new Toshiba 32Z17B using the various service menu options, but my grid appears to have disappeared for some reason. I can still see the Red, Green, Blue screens but the grid has vanished...

Any ideas where the blighter went ?

2. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I presume you haven't manually turned off all the CRT guns ? (Worth asking). If not then I'd say the convergence board has gone furber somehow.

3. Gee_DD

Gee_DD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response.

It's a mystery for sure. I was attempting to correct the poor geometry, made some adjustments, but when later I returned to service mode, the grid was gone. Is there some way I could have manually disabled the grid.

Also of note - now when I cycle through the different screens via the external button, red, green and blue are there, and the grid appears to have been replaced by what is being transmitted onto the TV at the time...so in effect I can adjust the geometry whilst watching TV, which is good in one way...but it's so much easier with the grid.

Thanks anyway..anyone else with any ideas.

P.S I don't like the sound of the term *furber* is it serious ?

4. Gee_DD

Gee_DD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I had turned off the CRT guns..surely I wouldn't still get a normal picture ?

If I had turned them off though..how would I go about turning them back on ?

5. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Turning off the CRT guns (red,blue,green) when doing 64 point convergence is only relevant to the convergence screen and doesnt effect normal tv. As far as turning them back on, it should be the coloured fastext buttons on the remote I think. It is on my tv anyway. Although when turning the tv off and going back into service mode convergence all 3 grids should be back even if you exited with guns turned off.

Furber is a German term for broken, busted ect... So yes it might be bad news.

6. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gee_DD

Whilst adjusting convergence on my Panny, I can switch between different patterns and also TV picture background as you describe (so you can check the effect of your efforts).

I suspect you accidentally pressed a key and have switched off the grid.

So - I don't think it's a fault. Not sure how to turn it back on though on the Tosh! Sorry!

Cheers

Laurel

7. Gee_DD

Gee_DD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

I will investigate further, but as you can tell I am very much a newbie, so prepare for more questions later :D

Thanks again...

8. Gee_DD

Gee_DD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL - I thought that was foobar, as in "Shaving Ryans Privates"... :devil: