Where can you buy a DD box from?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Gadjet, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi,

Where can you buy a digi box that will enable me to watch the films in DD. Either a new one or second hand. From reading this there is there a Sony box I can buy and dont know where to buy second hand sky+ box from.
    I dont want to pay extra for recording just want better sound quality.

Cheers,
    Phill

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The SONY will not output a DD5.1 datastream, the only SKY hardware that will do that is SKY+.
    Now you can always keep a check on various online auction sites that carry consumer electronics, at the moment there seems to be little used hardware around but right now there is at least one on ebay. The other option is to try and find an independent dealer that has old stock of the original design or has somehow got himself some of the new stock.
    In the DS forum one poster said he was offered a refurbished SKY+ for £149 from SKY themselves, might be worth ringing SKY and making an enquiry about used SKY+ units. I am sure they have a few that they would like to generate some cash from.

Don't forget the SKY+ uses a different set of remote codes and has no autoview function.