1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I.....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by southpaw, Mar 25, 2005.

1. southpaw

southpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi

Not sure of best place to post this, apologises if in incorrect forum.

It is DVD related. I've managed to get almost all my collection of films on DVD now so I have no need for the VHS versions.

Can anyone recommend where I can get rid of them? Do Blockbusters still buy or trade?? I still feel these are worth a couple of quid each so would like to get rid of them so i can get some more new dvds.

I've seen the ads in the rear of dvd mags for companies buying collections but am unsure about these as they involve me sending the collection to them for checking before I get paid.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I had the same problem, and short of putting them on e-bay (probably be lucky to sell them all on there), the best places to get rid of them are either second hand retailers or Blockbusters.
    I ended up taking about 40 up to Blockbusters, and they usually take them off your hands, but you won't get much for them I'm afraid (probably £1 or so). they will give you more if you take in store credit (have to buy goods from BB), and will give you less in cash.
    Videos just aren't worth anything nowadays.
    I dont have a VCR anymore (with sky+) so was desperate to get shot for room space etc.

3. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    they are not even selling much at car boots anymore

take them to your local charity shop - at least someone deserving will benefit

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,075
    That's what I did! :thumbsup: