1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where can i view the Hitachi 42PD7200 TV?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dlittlewood, Jun 1, 2005.

1. dlittlewood

dlittlewood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am thinking of buying the 42PD7200 plasma but I cant find any shops around Leeds or Bradford that has one. Does anybody know of any? I just want to take a look at it before ordering. Cheers.

2. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Try Richer sounds if you have one in your area.
    I beieve they only had 2 in each shop, but if they have one and you sound serious, they'll get one out and show you if it's not on display already.

3. hvaghela

hvaghela
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John Lewis in Shef definately has it on display. Is their a JL closer to you?

4. Bleeders

Bleeders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    You need to see it in action fella, the pictures just don't do it justice IMO.

5. jon stallard

jon stallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking around for a big screen for a while, was leaning towards LCd to be honest until I went into John Lewis in Southampton this morning.

The rest of the TV's had a pretty poor aerial feed with loads of ghosting (why do they do that..... and answering my own question....) they had a hitachi 42pd7200 showing Monsters inc from a DVD player via the DVI connection.

bearing in mind this was just a bog standard DVD, it was breathtaking. Now of course, you have to remember that everything else had a poor quality picture so possibly this was a deliberate sales ploy but John Lewis (in my experience) generally play things from a straight bat.

Anyway, the picture was stunning. The detail was incredible. It had about every connection I would want but in addition the speakers are detachable (I'll bin them anyway I guess).

And as if that wasn't enough (hang on, gadget freak is taking over.... ) the motorised stand just about did it! You might think that's a small detail and it is of course. It just so happens that I have two viewing positions in my living room and to flip the whole thing from one position to another just about did it for me :)

If they'd had one in stock, I'd have bought it. They didn't so thought I'd use the space to see what people on this forum thought. Also, they were selling it for £2500 approx although you get their 5 year warranty. Richer sounds as others have mentioned are selling it for a shade under £2,000 so as there is a store in Southampton, I'll call them tomorrow to see what's what.

As I see it, the biggest problem with such a high quality set is that it shows up the varying quality of source signal. I don't have Sky but am a freeview nut so I don't know how I'll come to terms with watching 'Bid up TV' or Men and Motors but to be honest, my most enjoyable viewing is DVD's with my subwoofer rattling my fillings and if what I've seen today is anything to go by, I've seen my viewing nirvana.

Wow.

Jon.

6. Fillip

Fillip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to the people on the Tiny thread I cancelled my order for their plasma deal and went up market (credit card of coarse) to purchase the Hitachi 42pd7200, can't wait for delivery I have too many people to thank on this forum but all the same THANKS, AWESOME!!!!!!!