Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Where can I see a RD50..?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Picman, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Picman

Picman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I have read all the posts regarding the Rd50 and although I'm aware of the R1 DVD issue this is not of great importance to me as I don't own any R1's.

I will only be using it with R2 and sky+. So can anyone tell me where I can see one working in the south Birmingham/worcs area? I have tried sevenoaks who say they can me one delivered in 72 hours but i would still like to see one demonstrated without the HD demo which I saw on the sagem. I agree it does look stunning but I'm sure all HD does.

Picman

2. andyxxx

andyxxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Picman

Which Sevenoaks promised 72 Hours and how much did they quote you? I am in exactly the same boat as you - ie would like to see before purchasing, though I am slowly edging away from the Optoma towards the Samsung range - primarily because I can't beleive a manufacturer selling goods, not only with a fairly serious problem but also without instruction books etc. I for one would have no idea what to connect where!

Andy

3. Picman

Picman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andyxxx,

I went in to the Sevenoaks in Shirley, Solihull who are a Optoma stockist. Although they didnt have a demonstration model they were very helpful and phone Optoma for delivery info. If you do find anywhere with one showing normal PQ plese let me know.

Picman