Where can I preorder Street Fighter IV Fightpad??

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by mudstuff, Feb 11, 2009.

1. mudstuff

mudstuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    As per the title, where can I preorder a Street Fighter IV Fightpad??

No-one seems to have them and they are pricey on ebay. Is there anywhere to preorder? Should I try high street on launch?

Any help appreciated, won't buy SF IV unless I can get one! Ideally Akuma.

2. delucep

delucep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    you're gonna really struggle to get a pad this late, you may be lucky in store on launch day (midnight?)

I'm pretty sure the akuma and Blanka ones are not being released in the uk, only Ken, Ryu and Chun Li over here, so you're looking at import or ebay for those.

3. mudstuff

mudstuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Thanks, considering the 360 pad is so poor for fighters, you'd think they'd make more of these available. I knew SFIV was coming out for a while but didn't find out about the fight pads until recently.

I guess it's ebay for now then, unless others have any advice?

4. Hillskill

Hillskill
    Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,633
    Ebay is simply going to be daylight robbery. If you have the cash then by all means go for it, personally I won't just on principle. Shopto.net advised me to give them a call on the day in case they receive more than their allocation or have some cancellations (well we can dream :rolleyes:). Outside of that all we can really do is hit the high street. I might ring around my local stores and see if any of them think they might get any units in. I have Bluewater local to here so theres about 6 stores that might stick it (just re-read this......serious freudian slip here lol !)..........fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  5. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,076
    I went for an Arcade in a box, they look great imo and are constructed of wood. I have gone for the 360 slim with full Sanwa both Square and Octo Gate for the Joystick so i can swap out depending on what i get used to. I was going to make one but with the cost racking up i thought i would go the professional route - a bit of a wait though :rolleyes:
    I cannot believe how quick the official ones sold out :rolleyes:

6. Hillskill

Hillskill
    Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,633
    I have been kicking myself over the last month for not getting this sorted sooner (your original thread in Other Gaming initially got me interested). I'm not even sure I want to play the game without a decent arcade stick :( Partly because of the nostalgia and partly because I am so awful with the D-Pad.

7. virtual_boy

virtual_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
  8. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,076
    I have put off playing SFII HD as i cannot get used to the DPad and it was driving me mad that i could not get the moves out when i wanted them. I thought about making one as per that thead you mentioned and then thought what the heck with SF4 coming out SFII HD still to play i will treat myself to a quality stick, and something a bit more personalised.

Back in my SNES days i paid £60 odd for a US SFII plus i had to buy an adaptor at £15 (i think it was) to play it which was about a weeks wage back then so about £170ish in todays money aint that bad for a bit of quality :cool:

Actually Steve i am glad you are getting SF4 as we can hook up on-line and DPad it until i get a stick and you track down an offical one (if you are going that route)

9. Hillskill

Hillskill
    Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,633
    Well up for that mate. I am a firm believer you make your own luck when it comes to picking up rare items. I will be putting in plenty of leg work on release day to see if I can pick one up and if all else fails we can be terrible together with the D-pad :D I remember my mate picking up his snes copy from a japanese import store in streatham.......his dad bought it for him......I remember being soooooo jealous !

Thanks to Virtual Boy for the link. I have never heard of that website :confused: Have you had orders with them in the past ?

10. virtual_boy

virtual_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    Yea ive bought loads from them they are really good, they were even better before the exchange rate changed lol
    also try http://www.playasia.com and http://www.yesasia.com

11. mudstuff

mudstuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Thanks for sticking on topic guys! I just came back to the thread excited at all the replies and virtually none of them are about the fightpad??!!??

12. Hillskill

Hillskill
    Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,633
    :confused: 3 links to possible suppliers, 1 link to an alternative arcade stick and advice on how to possibly pick one up on the high street !

I'm intrigued to know what you would have considered ON topic ? Perhaps you were expecting someone to post that they had been sent two by accident and that they would happily send you it for free as you were such a credit to the forum with your wonderful contributions.

Build a bridge, get over yourself.

13. virtual_boy

virtual_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    Fightpads are available on play asia as linked to above for £35.
    All except Akuma lol but pre-orders for that one will be opening soon.

14. edwardtickle

edwardtickle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    All my time on the internet and in life i have never heard that :rotfl:

15. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    You seem to have a bee in your bonnet. First you have a go at the OP in the following thread because he posted a bargain with the price in the thread title after which the price went up on the site.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/gami...5100-fifa-09-17-99-online-hmv-xbox-360-a.html

Then two minutes later you have a go at people in this thread saying they have taken it off topic when there have been three useful links placed where you might be able to get a Street Fighter pad.

Maybe you should chill out a bit otherwise you might find people not being so helpful in the future. :nono: :lesson:

16. mudstuff

mudstuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Sorry but post #4 mentioned a stick, #5 and #6 talk about arcade in a box sticks, #7 about where to buy sticks, #8 mentions using a d-pad until they have a stick, #9 replies to that and thanks virtual boy for the link to buying sticks and post #10 mentions 2 other places that may sell sticks. Play Asia actually do have fightpads but none of these 6 posts referred to fightpads so I'd call that off topic.

I don't know what bridge you are referring to and I also think my fifa comment was justified, the thread advertises one price and it is now another higher price. Granted, I'm sure the OP didn't intend to mislead but that's what the topic now does. Surely it could be edited to reflect the new price or is that not the policy?

If you check out my other posts, you'll see I'm a regular member and help out others, the problem with text is the intonation - none of this is meant in anger or haste so please don't read it that way.

Thanks to virtual boy for providing somewhere offering pre-orders.

Would there be a customs charge on top of the price from play asia?

17. Jay on F1

Jay on F1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +428
    Steve,
    Thats a little harsh. The guy is just a little desperate for a fightpad with the launch of Street Fighter 4 looming - understandable really due to the 360 pad not being all that for fighters. Ok, maybe he should have ordered earlier, but no-ones perfect.

Jamie

18. mudstuff

mudstuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Thanks Jamie.

I've read a few other threads and play-asia seem to be well regarded and I assume customs would be about £10 on a £35 item so that's not too bad. I'm curious how much the Akuma pad will be though.

I used to import a lot back in the day but generally wait for UK release these days unless it's not available over here. Can't for the life of me remember who I used to buy from (HK company).

19. delucep

delucep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    It would probably have been lik-sang but they went under thanks to sony. (used them for years, even to get my Panasonic Q)

play-asia are as good, if not better than they used to be.

20. Satsui_Ryu

Satsui_Ryu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +693
    Holy :censored:, you've got a Q-cube?!! That's awesome. I thought I was the only one. I imported one through E-Bay when they were first released and I've never seen another since.

As for the pads, wait until the 20th to check in-store before ordering from Play-Asia. GAME should get a couple of fightpads in stock and they'll retail for around £26.

21. mudstuff

mudstuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    That's the one! Yeah I heard they went under, shame. I got my regular gamecube from them at launch.

Thanks for the tip FSHaggardR, I shall ask my local game and gamestation on Saturday and see what they say. I've also got a Toys R Us nearby who I suppose might get some.

Otherwise I'll either go play-asia or ebay if I see one for a reasonable price in the UK.

22. delucep

delucep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    I have indeed, currently pride of place in my loft. :D

Pre-Ordered from lik-sang quite a few years ago, with US/JAP region change on the power button. Ninty would have sold 10x more cubes if they were all like that.

I played that more than i did my ps2 or xbox.

Anyway, back on topic.. The Pads over here may be instore but definitely wont be an Akuma version, only Ken, Ryu and Chun Li in the UK

23. kalakola

kalakola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    how good are these pads? they are comparing them to the sega saturn pad, so don't know what they're like as i've never had a saturn. However, i did have a megadrive and the pad, although not great, was much better then the 360 pad.

24. astar0th

astar0th

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    The posh side of the bridge, eh? :thumbsup:

25. Satsui_Ryu

Satsui_Ryu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +693
    Quite a few posters over at SRK have had problems hitting diagonals w/ the fightpads, but still insist that they're 100x better than the 360 D-Pad. The general consensus is that if a Saturn pad is 10/10, the Mad Catz fightpad is an 8/10.

FYI Saturn pads are the absolute best pad for fighting games.

26. kalakola

kalakola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I'll most probably get arcade stick for this game. Cousins getting it so will check his out and make my decision. Just pee'd off that its wired, :(. Anyway, managed to get a few ranked wins lastnight, the game ain't out yet, so some of the guys who do have it are much worse then me, so i thought i'll go in for the early kill, :D. No doubt my look will all change after the 20th.

27. Nathman

Nathman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

28. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I have to agree with that. The Saturn pads were definitely the best for fighting games and they complimented the myriad of fighting games available on the system especially the ones by Capcom, SNK and several other lesser known Japanese game developers. :thumbsup:

29. mudstuff

mudstuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I nipped in to my local Game and Gamestation at the weekend and they both didn't know if they were going to get any fightpads in. To them, Street Fighter IV isn't a "big" title so no midnight launch etc. They just said to pop in and try my luck on Friday. I might nip in on Thursday evening and see if they know - surely they'd at least get them in the day before so they can be on the shelves first thing Friday?

The guy in Game said I was the 3rd person to ask him that day.

I narrowly missed out on an akuma one on ebay (was otherwise engaged when the auction was ending and missed out by £1!) and will now try the high street on Friday and if not, hit ebay - my guess is that a lot of people have preordered to flog them so once they know their order is fulfilled, they'll put them on ebay.

30. D3k

D3k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4