Where can I move my subwoofer to?

streetspirit

Standard Member
Reaction score
My new Kefs 2005.3 look and sound great but still need some tweaking, mostly re positioning. I've currently got the sub on the floor next to the tv stand which means it's very close the front left & right as they're on the tv stand for now.

It does sound a little heavy and could do with less vibration. I was thinking of moving the unit onto the bottom shelf of my book shelf. It's situated in the other corner of the room and is out of the way. I've measured the shelf and it's about 14" high, the sub is 8" It will have about 6" space either side of it for the cylinders at the side.

Is moving it here going to prove to restrictive for the sub and will the bass end up sounding worse?

Always leave a sub on the floor and not on some shelf or in a cabinet.

Always leave a sub on the floor and not on some shelf or in a cabinet.
Inside a cabinet is usually a bad idea.
Raising the sub from the floor can be actually good, since you may avoid a vertical mode, but then you'll need a stable, vibration-free platform (on top of a cabinet is a bad idea, since it is hollow and will resonate).

I've been thinking of putting a small sub on the bottom shelf of a hifi rack (apollo mezzo @ 363mm). Would you say that this is a bad idea, I would have thought that a heavy hi-fi rack would supply a sturdy enough base for a sub?

My new Kefs 2005.3 look and sound great but still need some tweaking, mostly re positioning. I've currently got the sub on the floor next to the tv stand which means it's very close the front left & right as they're on the tv stand for now.

It does sound a little heavy and could do with less vibration. I was thinking of moving the unit onto the bottom shelf of my book shelf. It's situated in the other corner of the room and is out of the way. I've measured the shelf and it's about 14" high, the sub is 8" It will have about 6" space either side of it for the cylinders at the side.

Is moving it here going to prove to restrictive for the sub and will the bass end up sounding worse?

Hey m8, the Sub is not 8", so i would re measure. I got the same 1.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom