1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where can I get these!!??

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jimmy_b, Oct 20, 2004.

1. jimmy_b

jimmy_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Does anyone know where I can get power cables which are straight ended - i.e. not right angled. An example of what I am looking for is shown here:

http://www.hificables.co.uk/Product...D/2380/v/3cc4aa01-0045-46e0-a4b7-fe99753fc810

These are too expensive - any cheaper alternatives?? Or can I buy the plugs separately and fit them myself??

No one replied to my previous thread about this - someone must know something!!

Thanks
    Jimmy

2. jtzi

jtzi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you just after a kettle lead? If so, try ebay... Otherwise, I think it is gonna cost you... :)

Jim

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,685
    Have a look at the sticky (diy mains cables) at the top of the page , you can get all you need from the usual outlets .And if you find a decent fig8 plug on your travels let us know :D
    atb
    john

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    CPC/Farnell sell all you need to make your own mate.. Infact they sell the stanard short ones premade.......

5. jimmy_b

jimmy_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all for your replies!
    However, I'm not sure I made myself clear in the first message.

jtzi:
    I'm not after a kettle lead (at least I think I'm not - I thought a kettle lead was a standard mains cable where the cable goes into the bottom of the mains plug).
    Instead, what I want is a mains cable where the cable goes into the back of the mains plug such that the cable istelf is parallel with the pins on the plug rather than at right angles to it. The only example of this I have found is the stratum cable (a link to which I supplied in the original post)

johnscarlet:
    I looked through the mains sticky and although it is helpful regarding how to make your own cables I can find no reference to the type of plug I want nor can I find it on any of the sites suggested in the thread. Sorry - can you point me in the right direction?

hornydragon:
    I had a look at the cpc/farnell website (i presume this is the correct address: http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc ) but cannot find the type of plug I want - can you provide me with a link?

I think I would have more chance of finding what I want if I knew the correct term for it! Does anyone know what this type of mains plug/cable connection is called?

Regards
    Jimmy

6. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. jimmy_b

jimmy_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: