1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I get non-freeview version of PV500(A)?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bkny, Jun 6, 2005.

1. bkny

bkny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As in subject, what is the model number of the PV500 without the freeview tuner built in? I can search for prices when I know that! Anyone know where they are sold and how much? Thanks.

2. manorlodge

manorlodge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, its called the PHD8 and is the panel only version of the 500. it will not be out until sept maybe so no prices yet.

3. greyhorse

greyhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think digitalbiz do the no free view models of the PV500, I know they were selling the Euro model on the PE50

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    THE Mainland Euro stock have no FV tuner Analogue only (why would you want this tho?)

5. bkny

bkny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don;t necessarily need a freeview tuner (have sky) and form other posts people seem to suggest that the euro/non-freeview might be (possibly a lot) cheaper, hence its a cost decision.

Also i don;t have an aerial into my living room, only into the bedroom, so to get freeview on the plasma woudl involvd major wiring (and drilling holes into walls/ceilings), also the plasma is going on the opposite side of the room to where the aerial lead (and sky dish) is coming from so would mean another wire trailing across the room. but as i said before just trying to figure out if the non-freview is a couple of hundred cheaper ...

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    it will be cheaper, you can buy direct from germany etc (have to potentially send it home for repair) or from a UK store that imports them via non official channels (check warranty conditions closely) i can see the reason for you decision but if you have an AV amp then the PHD8 will suit better, pity its not out for a while tho

7. bkny

bkny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    personally i'd prefer a PHD8 aswell (I have an AV amp, although don't really use it on any sort of loud setting as the kids are asleep by 7pm and bedroom is above the tv room), and would probably be willing to wait, but then looking at av-sales.co.uk the PHD7 costs £2300 and comes with nothing (i.e. no wall mount even, forget about all the terminal board/converts/etc etc), hence I assume the PHD8 would be even more expensive, especially realtive to the PV500 (the PV500 can be had for less than £2K with a wall mount! and the PE50 for £1500 with a wall mount (totaldigital.biz).)

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    i would not like to guess the price of the PHD8, but the SD PE30 when it came out was a lot more than the PV500

9. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    The RRP of the TH-37PE30 was £3k on launch, I think the 42" was closer to £4k (maybe £3.5k)? :confused: Looks horrifying when you see what the current PV500 goes for today. I thought my 37" PE30 was a steal at £2.2k this time last year.

S.

10. blueshard

blueshard
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, but for me the key issue is why the PHD7 is still at £2300? Following the logic (and the PWD7/PV500) the price should have come down to ~£1500-£1600. Is it because Panasonic thinks the markets for commercial and home HD screens are so different that it can price independently? In which case the price of the PHD8 in the autumn could come as a shock... Any views?

11. dan23

dan23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I can't get Freeview where I live, I was wondering if the PV500 tuner allows you to pick up the basic analogue channels?

12. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    they have analogue PAL-I tuner as well as FV so yes you will get analogue