Question Where can I get Certified HDMI 2.1 cable?

chenks

not seen any UK seller as of yet.

Otto Pylot

Don't know. I'm on the other side of the pond. Have you tried their website? They may be able to tell you if they have a UK distributor.

Otto Pylot

Also looking for this in the UK. Import fees on Amazon US are almost as much as the cable.

HDTVTest recommended according to this video.

Zeskit is in discussions with Amazon UK as we speak. They are in the account verification phase but it is taking longer than expected due to CV-19. Hopefully they will be setup and ready to order/ship in the next couple of weeks.

mushii

Distinguished Member
Unfortunately Belkin are another company who think that their Brand name allows them to gauge their (potential customers), no thanks.

Otto Pylot

Unfortunately Belkin are another company who think that their Brand name allows them to gauge their (potential customers), no thanks.
Agreed. Belkin was pushing cables "certified for HDMI 2.1" months before the final ratification of the HDMI 2.1 option sets so their claims have always been suspect. That being said, if they are now offering Ultra High Speed HDMI cables with the QR label on the packaging then that would be fine. However, Belkin's reputation, at least for me, is about the same as Audioquest and Rocketfish, which is not very good. Zeskit or Ruipro (when released in January) are what I'd recommend. But, if they are truly certified......

Sptz

Does anyone know if this is a good one? Looking to get one for XSX > LG C9. Isaw Vincent used this to fix VRR issues with a 3090 in a video.

Amazon product

Otto Pylot

The product description is pretty much boiler plate cable speak that hits all of the marketing points. However, they are marketing it as Ultra High Speed HDMI and do give the HDMI 2.1 options sets that has been tested, and passed for but the indicated that they haven't received their Certificate of Authenticity (QR label) so I'd wait until you can scan the code and verify the cable. It probably will be certified but there have been some counterfeit cables reported that looked and sounded just as good.

Do keep in mind that the passive UHS HDMI cables are not very flexible due to the wire gauge necessary to meet the HDMI 2.1 requirements, so give yourself some slack to connect your cables because you do not want any sharp or crimped bends which will affect the signal propagation and may put undue strain on the HDMI ports.

Sptz

The product description is pretty much boiler plate cable speak that hits all of the marketing points. However, they are marketing it as Ultra High Speed HDMI and do give the HDMI 2.1 options sets that has been tested, and passed for but the indicated that they haven't received their Certificate of Authenticity (QR label) so I'd wait until you can scan the code and verify the cable. It probably will be certified but there have been some counterfeit cables reported that looked and sounded just as good.

Do keep in mind that the passive UHS HDMI cables are not very flexible due to the wire gauge necessary to meet the HDMI 2.1 requirements, so give yourself some slack to connect your cables because you do not want any sharp or crimped bends which will affect the signal propagation and may put undue strain on the HDMI ports.

Understood and I know that but since I saw Vincent's video here:
I thought it wouldn't be absolute crap at least. I'm using it right now with my XSX > C9 , it was probably money wasted as the XSX cable was probably more than enough

Otto Pylot

It's whatever works that's the bottom line. There are lots of "word salad" (a nod to @Joe Fernand for using that very accurate phrase) product descriptions that sound great so the consumer just needs to be wary of what they are reading and getting. Besides, you don't know if Vincent got a working prototype which may or may not be what Amazon is selling right now. Just being cautious.

Sptz

Thank you all for the replies, I was aware I was buying into the whole world salad BS, but since Vincent used that cable (he posted directly that link) I thought I'd give it a try.

What you can see in the video below ONLY happens after I turn on the XSX, then turn on the TV and select HDMI1 Input (which is in PC Mode). After those first few flickers/glitches I don't see it happening ever again, not even in gaming etc, what I do see happening though, is when changing modes between games (SDR/HDR) it does glitch out for like a nano second when the screen goes black and sometimes you see like a horizontal glitched out white line etc and I've seen loads of people with the same problem so I'm not FULLY worried on that as it's just when changing modes, nothing else.

Either way, is this known to be an issue with the LG C9? Or XSX? Should I try the provided HDMI cable from Microsoft? Or shouldn't make a difference here?

Many thanks!

EDIT:

I take that back, I can see some white blocks flickering in Jedi Fallen Order in dark scenes... Not sure if related or if it's just the game..

Last edited:

Otto Pylot

It could be any number of things. There were some issues with XSX and their HDMI chipsets reported so I'd try different settings (tv/XBox) and see if there is a setting combo that is problem-free. It might not be what you want but if it works ........

It's possible that you could have received a faulty cable but I would certainly check out how you have the cable installed. The biggest drawback of the UHS HDMI cables is that they have a thicker wire gauge due to the bandwidth requirements of HDMI 2.1 so any crimping of the cable or stress at the HDMI port can affect the signal. I had my cables coiled up a bit behind my setup, similar to yours, but had to lossen up the coiling a bit before my picture issues went away.

Do you use ARC/CEC by any chance?

Sptz

It could be any number of things. There were some issues with XSX and their HDMI chipsets reported so I'd try different settings (tv/XBox) and see if there is a setting combo that is problem-free. It might not be what you want but if it works ........

It's possible that you could have received a faulty cable but I would certainly check out how you have the cable installed. The biggest drawback of the UHS HDMI cables is that they have a thicker wire gauge due to the bandwidth requirements of HDMI 2.1 so any crimping of the cable or stress at the HDMI port can affect the signal. I had my cables coiled up a bit behind my setup, similar to yours, but had to lossen up the coiling a bit before my picture issues went away.

Do you use ARC/CEC by any chance?

No ARC/CEC. I've double checked the cable and it's firm and it's way thicker than Microsoft's one. Anyway, I've tried the Microsoft cable, different HDMI ports, PC and Console Inputs all do the same. Those white flashes only happen on Jedi Fallen Order. Gears 5, and various other games are absolutely fine though

Otto Pylot

The cable needs to be thick to support the 2.1 option sets if it is to be certified. If changing cables produces the same issues, but only on one game, then I'd suspect there's something amiss with the game or how the Xbox is dealing with the coding.

Otto Pylot

Is this the offical Zeskit one on amazon.co.uk? £22 + £6 shipping?

Zeskit Amazon UK
Those are the same cables that I have, only mine came with the certified QR label of authenticity on the outside of the box. The cable box also has the name of Maya on it. Zeskit has been in negotiations with Amazon UK for quite some time now to carry their cables but whether those are the cables with the QR label or not is hard to tell. Amazon US did have the first set of cables without the labels because Zeskit hadn't received them in time to affix to the boxes so Amazon was randomly shipping the cables until their stock of unlabled cables was depleted. Zeskit assure me that the cables are exactly the same, but.....

Keep in mind that the cables are passive so the wire gauge is thicker which results in a loss of flexibility which means a smaller bend radius. Give yourself some extra room because you don't want to sharply bend the cables and put undue stress on the HDMI ports.

Sptz

Does anyone know if the XSX cable is true HDMI 2.1? As in, capable of fully transfer 48Gbps 4K 120 4:4:4 ?

It says Ultra High Speed in one of the plugs and if it is, how can it be so "thin" compared to all these from Zeskit etc?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'Does anyone know if the XSX cable is true HDMI 2.1?' - you can guarantee it is not as there is no certification for an HDMI '2.1' cable.

If it is a Certified UHS HDMI cable it ought to carry the QR code on the packaging - just as every other version of HDMI cables there will be a myriad of designs, thick, thin etc

The QR code is the only way to know you have a genuine certified UHS HDMI cable.

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
UK T&C’s are a bit of a shock to suppliers who decide to ‘Go Direct’ without finding out how business works in the UK :)

Joe

gunner84

Distinguished Member
'Does anyone know if the XSX cable is true HDMI 2.1?' - you can guarantee it is not as there is no certification for an HDMI '2.1' cable.

If it is a Certified UHS HDMI cable it ought to carry the QR code on the packaging - just as every other version of HDMI cables there will be a myriad of designs, thick, thin etc

The QR code is the only way to know you have a genuine certified UHS HDMI cable.

Joe

True but the xbox series x cable is just chucked in the box it doesn't come in separate packaging, I think Vincent confirmed it was a hdmi 2.1 ultra high speed cable, I'm guessing he tested it somehow. it might not carry the certification but its capable of the high speeds.

Otto Pylot

True but the xbox series x cable is just chucked in the box it doesn't come in separate packaging, I think Vincent confirmed it was a hdmi 2.1 ultra high speed cable, I'm guessing he tested it somehow. it might not carry the certification but its capable of the high speeds.
Nope. If it is a certified UHS HDMI cable it has to come with the QR label on the packaging or somewhere in the documentation AND the HDMI 2.1 option sets that it has been certified for must be listed according to the HDMI 2.1 marketing and product description requirements. The only way the cable can be tested, without the use of sophisticated testing equipment, is to run source material (if available) and see if you get the expected results. The cable may very well be capable of 40Gbps (maybe a bit higher) but that just means the cable is capable of transferring data at that bandwidth, which is totally dependent on the source HDMI chipsets.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Sky announces huge original TV show and movie lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett