Question Where can I get Certified HDMI 2.1 cable?

Considering the TV is certified Gsync compatible by Nvidia and only has HDMI ports I would say that is wrong.
With the new GTX 3000 series graphics cards supporting HDMI 2.1 and the upcoming next gen consoles also having HDMI 2.1, I can see this branding issue being a big headache for some.
Sorry forgot to put the LG C9 tv is the TV I was talking about.

Once we get folk away from using Version numbers to describe HDMI cables the next task is to ensure that everyone follows the guidelines for labelling HDMI sockets on hardware - that being that ‘HDMI 2.1’ can only be used if the supported features are also listed prominently alongside the use of the HDMI version number.

Joe

GSync requires DisplayPort 1.2a or greater. AMD's FreeSync is supported on some HDMI devices. VESA 1.2a is part of the HDMI 2.1 specs but is limited to 18Gbps. Keep in mind that HDMI 2.1 is just a listing of option sets. It is not a required set of standards, so implementation and compatibility across "HDMI 2.1" devices may become an issue.

Still checking to see if any cable exist yet?

Last edited:
Still checking to see if any cable exist yet?
Zeskit has a certified UHS HDMI cable and will be shipping them around the end of November with the QR label. They have lengths up to the maximum of 15'. Belkin should have one as well very soon with the QR label. Rumor has it that RocketFish has one as well but I haven't seen it advertised with a QR label or any mention of ATC certification. Besides, it's RocketFish. Keep in mind that these are passive cables and will be stiff because of the wire gauge so they won't have the flexibility that a thinner wire gauge cable has. So, if your installation is tight, the thick cable may put undo strain on the HDMI port which could damage it over time or affect the signal continuity over time. Bend radius can be critical for the higher bandwidths.

Otto it is interesting that Zeskit are still using weasel words on advertising their '8k cables'

Zeskit 8K Ultra HD High Speed 48Gpbs HDMI Cable 3ft, 8K60 4K120 144Hz eARC HDR10 4:4:4 HDCP 2.2 & 2.3 Compatible

and they are only claiming

Certified connectors not a certified cable

Amazon product ASIN B08G8X9CT3
Doesn't give you much confidence in them as a manufacturer.

@mushii I agree, and called them out on it. Their explanation was that the cables have been certified by an ATC (I have the name of the lab) but HDMI LA (Licensing and Administration) was late in getting the QR labels to them, which should be around mid to late November. Like everyone else, they wanted to get a jump on the competition to take advantage of the of the folks who feel they "need" the UHS cables and to coincide with the release of the Nvidia GPUs for the gamers, of who HDMI 2.1 is really the target group. I'm supposed to be getting some QR labled cables (2m) to test this month so we'll see.

EDIT: forgot to add that I'm also getting some of the newest 4k and 8k cables, at the same length, from Ruipro to test as well.

Last edited:
This looks to be the first certified cable I’ve seen.

Club 3D CAC-1372 Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable 10K 120Hz Black Amazon product ASIN B07H5Y5N55
If the cable is marketed as Ultra High Speed HDMI, lists which of the HDMI 2.1 options sets it has been tested for, and comes with a QR label on the packaging (that you can scan/confirm the cable inside) then that's all you need to know. They are finally becoming available. The only drawback is that they are passive, which makes them stiff due to the wire gauge and they are limited to a maximum length of 15' (3m). Zeskit and Belkin are also marketing UHS HDMI cables but are waiting to get the QR labels from HDMI LA. AudioQuest is also supposed to have one as well but I'm not a fan of AudioQuest anything.

Reviews on the AMZ shop are from Feb2019 - that’s a fair head start on the rest of the market :)

You never know it may be true - will be interesting to see the labelling when they arrive.

Joe

If the maximum length of these cables is effectively limited to 3m just how the hell exactly are we supposed to rewire an already existing system ( kit rack in one room , screen in another ) ! It took me long enough to find a solution to my 15m problem ;)

~M~

If the maximum length of these cables is effectively limited to 3m just how the hell exactly are we supposed to rewire an already existing system ( kit rack in one room , screen in another ) ! It took me long enough to find a solution to my 15m problem ;)

~M~
If your cabling is in-wall then the best option is to install a conduit and then run a hybrid fiber cable. Single cable, source to sink with no wall plates, adapters, extenders, etc in-between. Unfortunately, hybrid fiber cables are active, and active cables of any kind can not be certified by an ATC for any HDMI option set versions (1.4, 2.0. 2.1, etc) so you'll have to rely upon the cable mfrs in-house testing to determine the reliability of the cable. Video technology will always outpace connection technology so you need to have an installation scheme that will allow for you to upgrade your cabling easily and safely when the time comes, and it will. This definitely sucks but that's the reality. HDBT, using solid core, UTP, CAT-6 (non-CCA/CCS and not pre-terminated ethernet) cabling is another option but not for HDMI 2.1 or uncompressed data.

15m can be tough for any cable run and passive cables but once you move up to active cables, and HDMI 2.1, there are a whole lot of other issues.

Some of the new technologies which future/the latest games consoles support are going to rely on you connecting the Source direct to the Display for optimum video playback then eARC Out of the Display to an eARC enabled AVR for optimum audio so moving some kit out of the central Comms. rack is likely the way systems will be built in future.

Long video cables are always a challenge as we up the capabilities of the Source and Display kit.

Joe

I’m happy enough for now with Ruipro which was recommended on here and I’m not a gamer so not in a rush to reconfigure an entire system ( which was just completed this year !) for a single purpose . Anyone else want to bump into the inventor of HDMI in a dark alley some day ? 😏 It remedy to have solved everything but it’s actually just created new problems and seems to do so repeatedly ...

M

@Manmc HDMI was a co-operative effort involving Panasonic, Philips, Silicon Image, Sony, Thomson, RCA, and Toshiba. HDCP was developed by Intel. That being said, I think you may have to stand in line with the folks waiting in a dark alley for the co-op members 😉

Is there a cable <£20 on Amazon, where the specs are legit, they just havent got the certified license? Cheers

@AVRAG 15' (3m) will be the maximum length for passive, certified Ultra High Speed HDMI cables, and they will come with the QR label of authenticity affixed to the packaging. Zeskit and Belkin are supposed to have UHS HDMI cables but I'd wait until you see the QR label. The cable will be stiff because of the wire gauge requirements needed to meet the HDMI 2.1 options. As to your price point, until there are more competitive cables in the marketplace you'll just have to pay whatever the cost is.

On AMZ the instruction to the person doing the listings from pretty much any cable reseller is use every single buzz word you can find - stick to reality and you have no chance of winning the ‘Buy Box’.

Joe

If anyone hasn't already done so, check out the twitter page for HDMI Licensing. Never thought to check there. Seems like they will be updating followers on certified HDMI vendors in the future maybe.. Anyways, They posted a week or two back the company RocketFish has certified Ultra High Speed HDMI cables for sale at Best Buy. The wait is over.

If anyone hasn't already done so, check out the twitter page for HDMI Licensing. Never thought to check there. Seems like they will be updating followers on certified HDMI vendors in the future maybe.. Anyways, They posted a week or two back the company RocketFish has certified Ultra High Speed HDMI cables for sale at Best Buy. The wait is over.
RocketFish cables are always overpriced for what you get, especially at BB. There are other certified UHS HDMI cables that perform the same at less cost. Zeskit is one.

Zeskit, Belkin, RocketFish, and AudioQuest are all starting to market UHS HDMI cables, soon with the QR labels for authenticity, so out of those four, I'd consider Zeskit and Belkin before the other two. Zeskit has been marketing theirs for over a month now but they just received the QR labels from HDMI LA a couple of weeks ago.

RocketFish cables are always overpriced for what you get, especially at BB. There are other certified UHS HDMI cables that perform the same at less cost. Zeskit is one.

Zeskit, Belkin, RocketFish, and AudioQuest are all starting to market UHS HDMI cables, soon with the QR labels for authenticity, so out of those four, I'd consider Zeskit and Belkin before the other two. Zeskit has been marketing theirs for over a month now but they just received the QR labels from HDMI LA a couple of weeks ago.

I nabbed up the RocketFish online at Best Buy for 42.46 total for a 4' cable. Couldn't wait any longer, the suspense was killing me. I do need another so I'll wait until the Zeskit comes out with their certified cables. Not a fan of Belkin, kind of shady with their responses to customers on behalf of their certification progress. Their overall lack of transparency with consumers just rubs me the wrong way, borderline insulting. Thanks for the information though, a lot of insightful information from you and others on this board.

Real quick, I asked Belkin a month or two back on their amazon product page for the status on their "UHS" hdmi cables: They just got back to me about 10 minutes ago:

Belkin Certification.png

So if anyone is still reading this thread and holding out for Belkin, I'd look elsewhere.

Belkin, which does make excellent cables, has had issues ever since they stared marketing "HMDI 2.1 cables" a year or so ago. They were supposed to get the QR labels from HDMI LA a few weeks ago but apparently something has happened with the final certification process. Zeskit would be your best bet right now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom