1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I get a wall bracket for a ViewSonic N3000w?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by spl23, Jul 26, 2005.

1. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +385
    Title says it all, really - I want to wall-mount my N3000, ideally without paying through the nose for a slightly bent bit of metal. Can anyone recommend a cheap supplier for the official ViewSonic bracket - or recommend a suitable alternative that is compatible? (I'm not sure if the N3000 is VESA compliant.)

Many thanks in advance.

2. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you got the measurements of the fixing holes on the back of the set ?
    What do you want the bracket to do ? Any tilting/swivelling or just straight on the wall ?

3. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +385
    I don't need tilt or swivel - just flat on the wall. I haven't measured the fixing holes, but my understanding is that they are in some ViewSonic-specific pattern, so a standard VESA-compliant bracket won't fit. The cheapest I can find the official ViewSonic bracket for is 80 quid, which includes tilt and swivel that I don't need - I have found a generic VESA bracket (no tilt or swivel) for 20 quid, but I don't think it'll fit.

4. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem you've got is because it's non vesa you need a universal bracket that will do a 30" LCD and you'll probably find that all of them are going to be up around the £80 mark.
    Like this one here: http://www.chaseavdirect.co.uk/acatalog/Universal-LCD-Wall-Mount-UNI-LCD-01.html

Sorry I can't be any more help.

5. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +385
    Thanks for the advice - confirmed what I'd suspected! I've just had a look at the fixing holes on the N3000, and I don't think there's any chance that a universal bracket will fit - time to stump up for the Viewsonic one, I guess.