• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Where can I get a US double plug ?

Rich

Established Member
Does anyone know where I can get a US style double plug, so I can plug 2 devices into a stepdown convertor?
I'm having trouble finding one in the UK.

Ayub

Distinguished Member
2x international adaptors will do your trick. They can be bought from any hardware shop

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
2x international adaptors will do your trick. They can be bought from any hardware shop
I don't think that's quite what the OP is after.

As I read it, he wants to run two US (110v) devices, each with its own US-style 2- or-3-pin plug, from a 240->110v converter which only has a single socket. So he wants a single->double US socket converter.

If he wants to be drastic, he could cut the plugs off the devices and replace them with UK-type ones, then use a single adaptor, but it's not really a good idea to put 240v-type plugs onto 110v equipment.

On the other hand, Amazon do a step-down transformer for about £17. That's probably the cheapest option.

DJT75

Distinguished Member
I bought one last year in Sainsburys on a swivel travel gadgets stand near the pharmacy counter. 2 US pins on the back & 2 UK 3pin sockets on the front. Try there :thumbsup:

I then saw them all over the place at the airport & in the states

Rich

Established Member
I don't think that's quite what the OP is after.

As I read it, he wants to run two US (110v) devices, each with its own US-style 2- or-3-pin plug, from a 240->110v converter which only has a single socket. So he wants a single->double US socket converter.

If he wants to be drastic, he could cut the plugs off the devices and replace them with UK-type ones, then use a single adaptor, but it's not really a good idea to put 240v-type plugs onto 110v equipment.

On the other hand, Amazon do a step-down transformer for about £17. That's probably the cheapest option.

I'm on my 2nd transformer for a small device, both of them make a buzzing sound, I've tried the device in my big transformer and it didn't make a buzzing sound, that's why I want to plug 2 devices into my big transformer.

Bobdk

Established Member
Why don't you use the single plug you have to wire up a double uk socket? As in a short extension/converter lead. That way you can plug whatever you want into it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom