1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can i get a Scart switcher with 4 inputs (must all be RGB too)

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by moiee, Jan 4, 2005.

1. moiee

moiee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my DVD player's Scart input lead going into my tv (it has two RGB inputs). The other RGB input from my TV goes to my scart switcher and the switcher is used for my consoles. It has RGB for all three inputs for the PS2 Xbox and GC. However I need a four input scart switcher that must have RGB on all connections. I am getting satellite TV and would like a nice one preferably a remote control one (I'm lazy :D )
    Also does getting a cheap scart switcher compared to a more expensive one affect the picture quality in any way? or is it just a case of more features with the expensive one?

2. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    I think that the best option here would be the Quintro, which is available at AV Sales:

http://www.av-sales.com/html/quintro.html

I found that the cheaper switchers had quite a big effect on image quality (Freeview and consoles into a Panasonic plasma).

I tried the JVC switcher from Currys, and a similar one from Argos (about £10-£15 each), and was not satisfied with the PQ from either as they either made the picture darker or more grainy.

I was able to get away with a 2 way switcher, so I went for the JS Tech one which is excellent, but would not give enough inputs for your requirements.