Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Where can I get a PS2 modded?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by leamspaceman, Jul 27, 2004.

1. leamspaceman

leamspaceman
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,038
    I have a PS2. It's been hidden away for two years (I was living aboroad). I now have it up and running again.

I want to be able to play games on it that I've downloaded.

To do this I understand that I have to get the PS2 modded, with a new chip? Is this right? I would also like to be able to have multi-region playback on the DVD. Is this from the same mod or is another needed? Where can I get these mods carried out SAFELY? I would rather TAKE the PS2 somewhere to get it modded rather than send it in the post. I'm in the UK, Midlands (Nr Warwick/Coventry). Is there anywhere I can go?

Also, I've just ordered Ixos component leads for the PS2 to connect it to my TV. Will any mods be effective via this method of input to the TV?

Cheers for any help.

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Firstly, I would suggest removing the links to the download sites you have used from your post - we don't take too kindly to pirating on these forums (as you'll see from the rules)... You'll find they'll be removed for you if you don't do it yourself sharpish ;)

Secondly, I would read this thread here. In light of that recent decision, you'll be lucky (IMO) if you can find someone who is still supplying the chips.

K.