Where can I get a long power lead?

N

nrp

Newbie Question: where can I get a power lead (13A mains to cloverleaf) which is longer than 2 meters? 5 meters would be plenty. Alternatively, where can I get a rewireable iec c5 (ie cloverleaf/mickey mouse) female connector?

(I've just spent an evening googling fruitlessly and searching RS, Maplin, CPC, etc. Now I have to join a club for people whose hobby seems to be making cables. That it should come to this! Oddly enough you seem mostly harmless, and I *was* going to spend the evening soldering terminals onto my speaker cables, so I feel quite at home. :)

Thanks - !

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
I've split your post out into a new thread as it's
a) rude to hijack other peoples' threads and
b) going to get a better response.

Ianfromnotts

I spent ages scouring obscure web sites for one of these and gave up. Bought a new lead cut the end off and used a terminal block to join it to a longer lead not the best solution maybe but it works

N

nrp

Aha! I never thought of an adapter. Found one (C14 to C5) in the new products section of http://www.mcc-cables.com/home.html. Have asked MCC for a price. And rewireable C14s are easy enough to find, in fact I've probably got one kicking around.

Many thanks for your advice!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom