Where can I get a good quality 10m VGA cable

MikeD

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm looking for a good quality 10m VGA male to male cable preferably light coloured to connect DVD/SKY SCART RGB to my Optoma H30 projector.

Who's tried one that worked well with a proj and where did you get it from?

Many thanks, MikeD

Lindy make goodies..... not expensive either but are a rather striking blue colour....

ad

Hi Buns I looked at these, 10m cable costs £38.50, has gold plated contacts and hoods and looked as if it might be pretty good.

Only problem is it doesen't have ferrite rings or is this not necessarily a requirement in a good cable?

Regards, MikeD

i have to say I dont use ferrites on anything other than mains cables..... none of the vga cables I have looked at had them. If you really want, why not buy the cable then simply buy some ferrites to attach?

ad

Mike,

the trader rating implies personal trades..... not commercial. So I dont have any cables that would suit. In any case, I guess you have seen the Lindy site. I have ordered directly from there on half a dozen occasions and would have no hesitation in recommending them.

ad

MikeD

SCART RGB to DLP Projector via an HD15 cable - wont you need a SCART connector at the source end and does your projector take RGB+ Composite video on its HD15 port.

Best regards

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Fernand
MikeD

SCART RGB to DLP Projector via an HD15 cable - wont you need a SCART connector at the source end and does your projector take RGB+ Composite video on its HD15 port.

Best regards

Joe

Hi Joe, yes the recently launched Optoma H30 which I have is claimed by Optoma to be the first home cinema projector designed for the European market (most are designed for the much larger US market although there is also an H30 tailored for the US).

The UK spec H30 comes complete with a SCART RGB adaptor that has an SVGA socket to accept a standard SVGA cable.

They claim this is a way of connecting DVD and SKY to the projector with cheaper SVGA leads as opposed to relatively expensive component leads.
They also claim that RGB fed this way is pretty much as good as component in terms of picture quality.
I'm sure the very technical people out there could state the case why this is not so however I am currently using a pretty cheap 10m cable and the picture is amazing.
I just feel that a better cable and lets face it £40 is not exactly dear, would be the best way to go.

Regards, MikeD

MikeD

So SCART adapter at source end and HD15 to HD15 for the connection to the projector.

I don't see the logic in the 3RCA (YUV) vs. HD15 cable pricing mind - using the same cable type its usually more expensive to attach two HD15 connectors than six RCA connectors (you can crimp or solder on the RCA.s much quicker than you can assemble two HD15's) plus with YUV you only require a three core cable.

I'd supply/recommend either VanDamme, Supra or BetterCables HD15 cables if you want decent quality RGB+C over 10m - though I'd budget £120 - £250 if you want an improvement on what your already using

Best regards

Joe

MikeD,

Found this thread, just wondered if you could provide an update on what you went for in the end, I have just purchased the H30 and have started looking at my options.

I used the supplied s-video lead, and found the picture to be more colourful than the supplied VGA cable, so I'm not sure which route to go.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom