• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Where can I find the layout dimensions of a motherboard?

archie456

Established Member
Hi,

I'm at a loss to find out which motherboard will fit my case - basically I need to know the dimension from the right hand side to the first PCI slot.

I'm looking at gigabyte board at the moment, is it possible to find out this information?

I can't find anything more than the board overall dimensions...

Cheers.

mdbarber

Established Member
would of thought most manufacturers web sites would have this info, ATX & mATX boards ten to be around 19-21cm wide though a few can go over this perhaps list the board and case combo you fancy, see if someone else has paired the two successfully.

archie456

Established Member
Well any of them really.

To be honest - this problem has slightly gone away as I am now thinking of adapting my case.

But, I've found it really difficult to find detailed dimensional info from any motherboard manufacturer.

I've mainly looked at Gigabyte, I can find no info on there about the layout of their boards and so its difficult to know if a board will fit my case (it all depends on the dimension and positions of the pci slots.)

surfermc

Established Member
In the past I've done it a manual way. The manufacturer will usuall give you the overall dimensions of the motherboard and an image of the motherboard layout. It is then a matter of using the known overall dimensions of the board to work out the dimensions of interest using a graphics program.

e.g ATX true motherboard dimensions are 305mm x 244mm. If the dimensions of the image is 100mm x 80mm then the measurments would be about a third of real size. (scale 3:1)

Granted this method is rough and ready but gives you an idea where thigs are from the images. Not all boards are the same and CPU sockets can move from board to board.

You might also find some useful info at Form Factors. org

R

Rockthejock

I did something similar to surfermc, i took the picture of the mobo from the manufacturer and scaled it up in my drawing package, same idea though. I then printed it at 1:1 and stuck it to a piece of card and used that in the case to figure out any issues before i started.
I was going to start a thread about my build but wasn't sure if it would be any good and i didn't take many pictures.

R

Rockthejock

Here is a pic of my LC04 with a few adjustments for inspiration

Attachments

• Photo-0031.jpg
    Photo-0031.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 647

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom