1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I find a rear cable exit SCART to RGBs cable?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Pavel, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Pavel

Pavel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have a problem connecting up my Tivo (RGB scart), as the SCART sockets are too close together to be able to use the standard side cable exit types.

Does anyone know where I can find a suitable SCART to RGBs cable with the cable exiting through the back of the SCART?

Lektropacks provide one, but they're on 3 week delay :( Profigold do too, but they're 5m long, and I really only need 1m.

A self build connector of the same type would be ok as I can then just switch the connector shell, but it would need to be the type that can be soldered as the existing cable is quite chunky.

Thanks for any help,

Paul

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Sure profigold do a 1m or 1.5m (do you want Scart to RGB on RCA (sync on green))???? I know where might have one in stock....
    Or are you after a QED AV19 with a straight through connector?

3. tuono

tuono
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could try Keene Electronics . They do some excellent 'straight' scarts

4. Pavel

Pavel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I need the type where sync is provided on a 4th phono, rather than sync on green. It's to connect to a Sim2 rear projection screen if that helps. I think it's sync on composite??

The QED AV19 also looks as though it has audio out, I need video only as the audio and video are going to different places.

The Lektropacks cable is;
    "PROLINK SCART OUT One way signal 4 X PHONO (Red/Green/Blue/Sync)
    Order Code:- PSCRGBSO-P

Typical Application: carrying Av signal from RGB Scart of LaserDisc player or DVD player to appropriate video projector."

Drop me a PM if you can help, and I'll hook up with you on Monday to order one.

Thanks,

Paul

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    the ones i have seen are sync on green IIRC not composite sync...are you sure a QED AV19 wont work, dont worry about the audio if you dont need it then juust leave them free..... it looks like you are going to need a custom job, or buy the 5m Profigold and cut it down...

6. Pavel

Pavel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    That was pretty much the conclusion I was coming to...I don't really fancy the idea of leaving the extra outputs dangling on the QED AV19 in case they short circuit.

I had also checked out Keene, the cable I need is shown with a side entry connector but I'll give them a try now that I know they also have the straight entry type.

Thanks for the help, I'll post the result of how I get on with Keene for future reference.