Where can I download Logos??

A

Amelia

Ok I'm not sure if I am posting in the right forum, but I am after logos to download for my HT. I plan on either printing them or getting them made up.

Typically I am after logos like:

DTS
THX
DCDI

etc

Any thoughts as to where I can download decent size images?

Thanks

Amelia

don't know where to download but you can buy pretty impressive plaques from DD and DTS.
I think most sign makers would refuse to reproduce another companies logo, that's called pirating!

I have already emailed most of the companies, but the process seems to be very slow. The other issue is the size. I don't want them to be too big as I would like to keep them all about the same size. This is why I prefer to get them custom made.

As far as pirating goes I don't think it's really going to be a problem. It's not like I am planning on going into business selling signs. I can get them made, so that's not the issue, I just need the artwork.

Thanks Guys :)

Best Regards
Amelia

Amelia

You could try this site - they may have what you are after. Lots of Dolby logos, not sure about the others... All in .eps format IIRC

Super7

Try this

http://www.smallman28.fsnet.co.uk/Dolby.zip

Dolby Digital plaque type thing,large(ish) file,about 350k might take a while to download.
File is zipped and was originally in .psd format.
Will only be leaving it on for a short while though,a week or so.
Not sure exactly where it came from in the first place,if this against forum rules please let me know and it will be removed.

Thanks Bapapapa, :D

The only one I haven't got now it the "DCDI by Faroudia". I am hoping they will send it to me :(

Regards
Amelia

yeh great site but why the hell would Dolby or DTS give you permission to use them when they could say "go buy the stuff on our website", don't they want to make money? I'd rather have their official stuff anyway. I tried to get a company's logo reproduced by a signmaker once for some window artwork on my first car and they said "no way" completely flies in the face of copyright.

And working in newspapers i know how incredibly protective companies are over their copyrighted material. I find this very strange.

Originally posted by James45
yeh great site but why the hell would Dolby or DTS give you permission to use them when they could say "go buy the stuff on our website", don't they want to make money? I'd rather have their official stuff anyway. I tried to get a company's logo reproduced by a signmaker once for some window artwork on my first car and they said "no way" completely flies in the face of copyright.

And working in newspapers i know how incredibly protective companies are over their copyrighted material. I find this very strange.

They're trademarks James.

:)

Trademark protection is pretty standard, but for the same token you do need to look at the issue with some degree of open perspective. If a company in China makes a new DVD Player that utilizes Dolby Digital, then they should seek permission to use the Trademark, since they are effectively making money as a direct result of the Logo.

I don't make any money on any of the logos and I am in no way a threat to any of the above companies, I am in fact promoting their product. They could charge me a fee for it, but I assure they never would, purely because it would be to much hassle to come up with a new agreement for the consumer.

Its exactly like taping movies from TV, they all carry copyright notice, but we copy them anyway, to watch later or whatever. You go to a Web site and it has a copyright notice, but by the shear act of looking at it, your PC has just copied the data to your HD.

In any case I got the "DCDI by Faroudia", so I guess Faroudia don't see it as a big deal.

Best Regards
Amelia

trademarks are still copyright protected.

just seems stupid to bother producing merchandise if they're also giving away their logos for free

Originally posted by Amelia
I have already emailed most of the companies, but the process seems to be very slow. The other issue is the size. I don't want them to be too big as I would like to keep them all about the same size. This is why I prefer to get them custom made.

dont worry about the speed of dolby..........from order to in my hand in under 17 hours,thats what i call service!!!

just seems stupid to bother producing merchandise if they're also giving away their logos for free

Technically, no since they are different expressions of intellectual property. They tend to be protected by the same legislation.

From a Business point of view if you are:

1. Producing merchandise it would be crazy to give it away.

2. If someone is going to be making money by using your logo, you would charge them or have a written agreement.

3. If someone isn't going to be benefiting financial from your logo, it may be worth letting them use it and promote your brand at the same time (Free Marketing).

My boss has a written agreement with Palm computing to allow him to use there Palm logo on his web site, documentation etc. The agreement doesn’t cost anything, but does have strict guidelines as to how and where it can be used. Palm are protecting their logo by making sure its used the same way by all and at the same time getting free exposure.

It’s really not rocket science and by no means a sinister plot. I am just dressing up my HT. I really think you are reading far too much into it.

Best Regards
Amelia

It’s really not rocket science and by no means a sinister plot. I am just dressing up my HT. I really think you are reading far too much into it.
Best Regards
Amelia

fair enough but these people are producing merchandise and as you said:

From a Business point of view if you are:

1. Producing merchandise it would be crazy to give it away.

and Dolby or Dts or whoever aren't really going to get much marketing from someone's home cinema are they? It just seems crazy from a business standpoint as you yourself have already said.

Assuming you've already bought hardware that is Dolby or DTS compatible, which would suggest you'll be buying the software to go with it, those companies have done and will continue to make money out of your purchases.

If you feel so 'into' their product and brand that you'd go to the lengths of making their logos into signs that fit your HC better than their commercially available ones, they probably think 'more power to you'.

As a customer loyalty and marketing effort, it makes good sense.

I would imagine they only sell the official plaques because most people would rather buy those than go to the trouble of making their own and because they got bored of people writing and asking for them when they previously didn't sell them.

Malicious use of intellectual property and the passing off goods and services as something else are actionable grounds for infringing copyright, patent or trademark.

Many of our avatars, according to some reasoning in this thread, would make us hypocrites???

"Glass, stone houses, kettles, black"

(c) Edmina Currie, All Rights Reserved 2002.

:rolleyes:

As far as pirating goes I don't think it's really going to be a problem

Home Pirating is killing the ...err ... something industry

God im drunk and boring, thats a bad combnation

:eek: :(

i think its the music industry
p.s sorry to spoil your thread

smallman28,

Thanks for the file :)

and Super7, what a link!!!! THANK YOU!!

Hi Amelia,

At this time all those sites are down. :thumbsdow

Would be great if you could you send me some of your downloaded logos :lease: :lease:

I´m looking for dts / dts ES / THX / Dolby Digital, etc. logos that i could print in Din A4.

Thanks

Pedro

Pedro

Was amazed to get some activity on this thread after so long!

The link I originally posted changed and is now http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/

Super7

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom