1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I demo the Toshiba mt-8?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Timmy B, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Timmy B

Timmy B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any1 know where can I demo the Toshiba mt-8 near London?

Cheers.

2. Timmy B

Timmy B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am really interested in the mt8, but I really do not know what to expect having rarely seen a front projection system and having a 56 inch rear projection currently.

Is it the best you can currently get @ £3750+VAT?

I only have an interlaced dvd player, will this matter?

Hope some1 can help!

3. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Timmy,

Interlaced is fine - the MT8 will convert to progressive for you.For that sort of price, I`m told it`s a steal - but then, I haven`t seen it myself !

The mt8 is a clone of the Infocus 7200 , which is on demo at "cornflake" in London if that helps

4. Timmy B

Timmy B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It does, I will try and check it out as soon as possible.

Many thanks.

5. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would suggest though that you try to get a home demo to see whether the fan noise or colour wheel noise is an issue for you in your viewing environment. I have <heard> in other threads that the mt8 is possibly not the quietest projector that you can get and when I looked at the spec sheet it quoted 35db. Given some projectors quote 30db or 29db noise I would audition it, but ensure that you try a home trial to make sure since fan noise is hard to assess in a show room.

J

6. pcavelle

pcavelle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have an MT8 and I can vouch that it's very quiet. I used to have a Sim2 HT300 and before that a Sim2 HT200DM, and they were both a nightmare noise-wise. My first HT200DM had to go back to the factory because it measured 75dB!

There is no issue with using an interlaced player with the MT8 as the deinterlacing and scaling circuitry is brilliant. There's bugger all difference between using progressive or interlaced and, if anything, interlaced gives a better result. With this projector you don't need a really expensive DVD player, only a decent Pioneer or Toshiba etc. Probably worth steering clear of the super maerket specials though.

For what it's worth I bought minde sight unseen for a similar price to that mentioned above, and haven't looked back. Its a really good projector, and extremely versatile too.

regards

Paul

7. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    for anyone intrested Nexnix have a mt8 for £3700+vat.It is a three week old model whith 30 hours on the clock.very good bargain
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

8. jamayor

jamayor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ebury,

please could you tell me the wright link, to find de MT-8 at this price?

Thanks

9. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jamayor,

I've fixed the link in ebury's post. Bear in mind though that he posted nearly a year ago :eek:

10. jamayor

jamayor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kramer,

I did not see the date.

:cool:

Thanks anyway.

11. Muf

Muf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Timmy B
    I also have an MT8 and I am extremely satisfied with it. I choose it mainly for its native HD resolution (720p), excellent CR 1400:1 and of course DLP.The only problem is that DVD just isn't good enough anymore. After looking at some of the WMVHD trailers, Coral Reef Adventure and Euro1080 on this PJ it seems a waste to use it for DVD's. Trouble is HD is in short supply at the moment but this should change on May 1st when Euro 1080 goes encrypted and who knows maybe another HD channel or two.
    I have no problems with noise, there seems to be a second speed on the cooling fan but this rarely kicks in. I have about 800 Hours clocked up on it now and the picture looks as good as day one. To sum up I would say that it is the type of machine that, once you have one you stop searching.

Jim