Where can I buy Philips 32PW9309

silvercloud1

Standard Member
Does anyone know any tv dealer in the country who still has a Philips 32PW9309 available for sale. I have searched the internet and although two or three suppliers show it as a stock item they don't actually have one. A bottle of good Champagne to whoever points me at a dealer where I buy a set.

gario

Novice Member
silvercloud1 said:
Does anyone know any tv dealer in the country who still has a Philips 32PW9309 available for sale. I have searched the internet and although two or three suppliers show it as a stock item they don't actually have one. A bottle of good Champagne to whoever points me at a dealer where I buy a set.

http://www.electricalscentre.com/acatalog/32__TV.html

:thumbsup: Any good ?

Another one

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cach...=3+Philips+32PW9309&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=31

If you click on the product, go to view basket, the price that is shown will be less

silvercloud1

Standard Member
Thanks again to both for your leads. Spent the whole of last evening trying to sort something out but now consider there is not a 32PW9309 (or a 32PW9509) available for sale in the U.K.

Gario: your lead to electricalscentre was one I had tried before and had great hopes for because their web site even allows you to place an order for the 32PW9309 as fully described on the site. Two days after placing the order a telephone call from Sammy in sales advises me that there's no chance but I should order a different machine from him - push, push, push.
Then your second lead was TV and Video Direct, the link you sent looked promissing but was out of date, product was shown but trying to place an order just bombed out (tried ordering a different item to test the system and no problem).

Towner: your electrical-deals link looked like it might be good but after a torturous navigation of the site it eventually admitted that they had "supply problems".

I've had enough, giving up now and will wait 'til next autumn before deciding what to do for future viewing.

silvercloud1

Standard Member
Towner, as you noted the ebay offering is a used model (apparently a Mail Order Return). I started of this reply to you with the intent of explaining my reservations but the more I think about it the more I think I should take a look, pity he is 250 miles north of me. Will continue to think and let you know what I do in a day or two (or you might watch the ebay bidding and guess if I'm in, my ebay name has a connection to the name I use on AVForums)

aekostas

silvercloud1 said:

I bought my 32PW9509 from http://www.electrical-deals.co.uk/; they are the official Philips refurbishment centre. Since you cannot see the TV before you buy (as it's nowhere to be seen :)) a least do a search for 32PW9509 on this forum.

silvercloud1

Standard Member
I've had to give up trying to find a Philips 32PW since there just doesn't seem to be a new one (as against Mail Order Return etc) to be found. I have taken a gamble on buying a set purely on the basis of reviews and forum chat, it is a LOEWE MIMO 32, brand new in a sealed box. Very good price from a dealer on ebay. Awaiting delivery. When I switch it on it will by first time looking at this model and since I had fallen big time for the picture quality on the Philips I just hope I haven't made a big mistake. Just in case someone out there writes to this thread that I will be disappointed I won't be returning until before I have the chance to get the Loewe properly set up and evaluated.

Thanks to the 3 guys who have helped me in the search, if one of you feels you won the bottle of champagne I offered send me a private message with your address and I'll give it some thought, but you will need to be convincing.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom