1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I buy parts for my 9260+ Proxima?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Cat_5, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Cat_5

Cat_5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I salvaged two Proxima 9260+ projectors that were taken out of service where I work. Two repair companies looked at them and came up with the same conclusion. They said the LCD panels were bunt because the units did not get the dust filters cleaned regularly. Both units work but have a have a yellow hue in the center of the display. The repair companies estimated $1500 to repair each unit. We ended up buying two new units at $2,200 each.

I was curious about how the units worked, so I took one apart. From what I could tell, the LCD panels were fine. The problem was with the three polarizing filters. Two of them had an etched orange image in the center of the panel. I thought that if I replace these filters that the units would be like new. I have the part numbers but I can't find anyone to sell them to me. They all say they will only sell them to authorized repair shops. The part numbers are: AV4Z15813700, AV4Z15813600, and AV4Z15813500. I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

2. Member 14847

Member 14847

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Proxima are now owned by Infocus so it may be worth giving them a ring on 0800 0286470.