• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Where can i buy LNB connectors(?!)

drdes

Established Member
My electrician has taken out the connectors out of the LNB and lost them. Can anyone tell me where I can buy them from and how much they cost?

Just to be clear, these are the metal tube shaped connectors which will go into the back of the Sky box and I think I need the small sized ones to fit the wires.

Thanks

Ed the Penguin

Prominent Member
I work for Sky's 3rd party logistics provider, and if I can remember back to my picking days in the warehouse for Sky stock, you need an "'F' Connector".
If you need it for the dual cable (used for Sky+ boxes - the two thinner flexes stuck together) you'll need 2 "Dual Cable 'F' Connectors".

Unfortunately, I can't provide you the stock as it's for Sky engineers only.. And I need my job too much! :(

Last edited:

drdes

Established Member
i have got the dual end f connectors. couple of questions,

1. after i have put the wire through the connector, do i just put the copper wire into the back of the sky box - or is there an adapter with a pin that i need
2 also, when i twist the wire through the connector, it doesnt make a tight enough fitting. so when i screw the f connector into the back of the sky bos, a little tug on the wire means that the wire just pulls out through the connector. how do i make the fitting tighter

any advice??

drdes

Established Member
one more thing - the sky wire comprises of a black outer casing, then a middle section with lots of thin silver wires and then the copper wire in the middel. what do i do with teh silver threads - do i cut them? (i am strggling to cut them without cutting the copper wire in the middkle as well

are there any online guides (with photos!) that i can refer to since this simple task seems beyond me!!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom