where can i buy iscan+ from in uk

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by puppy, Mar 22, 2006.

1. puppy

puppy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    want to buy iscan hd+, was going to buy from projectoindreams advertised on e-bay priced at £699+ postage but dont appear to be there anymore. Does anyone know where i can buy one for the same money or less, i would buy from usa but dont know how to find out about duty, postage,ect.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,513
    Hello puppy

You'll have to open a Trade account with Owl Video (DVDO's UK Distributor) and take on Dem stock if you want to match the price you've quoted :)

I would have thought it was relatively straightforward to get a price from a US supplier inc International Shipping - you'll need to budget for Duty + VAT and keep in mind you'll have to return the unit to the US if you ever need to have it serviced.

Best regards

Joe

3. sniffer66

sniffer66
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,722
    you could try AV-Sales

I got mine from them, ex-demo with warranty for £650

Least you are then dealing with a UK supplier if you have any issues

4. paul1967

paul1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I just phoned owl up and they supplied me with 1 and they were still the cheapest , remember if it goes wrong you have to send it back to where you bought it from.

5. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    I bet that's ruffled some feathers :devil:

6. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,513
    Hello tryingtimes

I doubt anyone who supplies DVDO in the UK gets surprised with the antics of both DVDO and Owl Video - it seems that every second DVDO product arriving in the UK gets sold as a 'demo' unit.

Best regards

Joe

7. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    I have to say I find it really annoying when UK distributors take more money than they deserve and put the prices up for UK consumers. I have a few distributors on my list of ones to avoid - funnily enough they never seem to match the inflated price with outstanding customer service.

Take the UK Stewart distributors for another example.

I and many others are happy to pay for good service, and this is what I do with my hi-fi dealers - they earn their money and more.

I would think that the majority of DVDO customers would benefit from buying from a dealer like you Joe (even at the non-demo price ;)) who would take some of the pain out of setup, it's just a shame that you don't get the support you deserve from further up the chain.

8. Likvid

Likvid
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Actually OWL and their dealers is breaking the EU consumer rights law not taking a imported Iscan for service.

If you bought the Iscan in the U.S you are by law entitled to bring it in for service where ever you bought it, USA, Japan or whatever.....

However you might need to pay for the service, but they are not entitled to refuse.

Take it up with your local EU consumer authorities if you have problems is my suggestion, they are located everywhere in Europe that can answer your questions and help you if you have problems.

9. paul1967

paul1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    yes but the trouble you have given the product to someone that does not want it =bottom of the queue wait in the dust