1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Can I Buy A Sony Dvp S735d?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by snake II, Aug 1, 2002.

1. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Does anyone out there know of a certain web site or shop which still stocks this sony dvd player, the latest models in my mind are not better than this model, i went onto the techtronics web site and they are out of stock.

2. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    did you not like the NS900 ? It's as good IMO ?

3. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mean in comparison with its direct descendent, the DVP-NS700? The newer 700's build quality certainly isn't as good, but video and audio performance are comparable, not to mention the 700's SACD capabilities and higher-quality audio DACs. If build-quality is a concern, then why not look at the 900 or wait for the 905 to arrive later this year. Cosmetically, the 905 appears to be very similar to the 735, but with much better specifications (much like the 900).

If you call around you may still be able to find someone still stocking the 735, but as it was discontinued some time ago it may not be easy.

Adam

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HULL RS have a 7x5 (2?, 3?) secondhand for £1xx. Can't be any more specific as it was a passing glance. Try a search on www.ex-dem.co.uk for any lingering stock elsewhere.

However, you may want to also consider the DVP-CX860/870 300-disc megachangers, they are effectively a 7xx-series player with a carousel mechanism around it. Mine's lovely ;)

Mike.

5. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a 735 which I loved. Sold it on Ebay and got a DVPNS700 for the same moneyfrom Techtronics. It's multi region and plays CDR's with no problems. It also sounds better to me and is equal in video performance. I would go for this anyday, it's at least an equal replacement. I am delighted with mine and have no regrets about selling the 735.

Steve