Where can I buy a s-vhs recorder (uk)

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by trickster30, Jun 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. trickster30

trickster30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,
    I am after a video recorder with a dedicated svhs output port. (Im transferring videos to dvd via PC, and can only use a svhs port), but cannot seem to find a video anywhere that does this.

I've tried using a scart to svhs adapter, which is ok, but I know the picture would be far better using a dedicated svhs output.

JVC's tend to be the best for svhs, but I cannot find one anywhere. They do svhs video recorders, but none seem to come with a dedicated svhs output (some have the inputs at the front though).

I have continually emailed & phoned JVC, who never answer, I have tried loads of high street shops, and even the internet is proving unsuccessfull.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a svhs recorder with a dedicated 5-pin svhs output (Im in the UK), either in a high street shop, or on the internet.

Many thanks, and kindest regards,
    Richard.

2. Paul Shirley

Paul Shirley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Not sure why a SCART->SVHS convertor should degrade it unless the SCART is not actually carrying SVHS. Some equipment seems to be able to adapt to seeing composite on an SVHS connection, might be what's happening?

Alternately my Panasonic NV-SV120EB has a dedicated SVHS out, never tried it though since I use SCART to carry the SVHS... my Panasonic deck plays back better than my similar vintage JVC one in any case!

[Edit] for misunderstanding ;)

3. trickster30

trickster30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

Does your video have the dedicated 5-pin output (usually i think they are historically found on the back of videos)

I know some video recorders have an svhs port at the front of the video as part of the av inputs, but these are usually just svhs IN)

Cheers,
    Richard.

4. Paul Shirley

Paul Shirley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Yes. input on the front, output on the back, both 5pin SVHS.

Bear in mind its an old model now so check newer models before buying.

5. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi Richard
    I'm selling my JVC HRS-6700 ET in the thread below. :)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216977

6. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

Most of my JVC s-video machines have 4pin mini din connectors although it may be that they only put a scart output on their cheaper machines.
    I wouldn't have thought that there would be a huge loss in quality by using a scart to s-video lea, so I'd be tempted just to use that option.

I presume that you have material recorded on the s-vhs format ..... otherwise there is no advantage to the picture quality.

Brian