1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I buy a Pioneer 5100H

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paul Swires, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Paul Swires

Paul Swires

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Where on earth can I buy a Pioneer 5100H online from (PAL model and preferably multiregion) The store must be able to ship internationally (like B&H …. unfortunately they do not have a PAL model) Pricegrabber have only 3 stores advertised (that ship internationally) and all 3 do not stock PAL models. Incidentally I want a HDD unit for editing purposes.

I am now considering the Panasonic E-100 ( widely available in PAL) but this is not the ideal solution for the following reasons. I will be using the machine in my study along with my other video editing gear. My family will require me however to make them DVD’s off of the TV in my study for them to watch in our separate living room which has ……. you guessed it ….. a newly acquired Pioneer DVD player that will NOT play RAM RW discs. Now a lot of you are probably saying “why not just get a Panny and burn them DVD-R discs” The problem is twofold. Firstly, I will be required to make about 2-3 DVD movies off of the TV a week which will probably only get watched once or twice. Now as you can imagine, burning 2-3 DVD’s a week will soon have us drowning in a mountain of non-erasable DVD’s. The idea is to use rewritable discs compatible with our Pioneer player. The second reason is that here in South Africa DVD media is still expensive eq.$3-5 ea.

I look forward to any advice or suggestions.

Thanks

Regards

2. caleb2002

caleb2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought from Superfi.co.uk

3. Paul Swires

Paul Swires

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I enquired and unfortunately Superfi does not ship outside UK.

Thanks anyway.

4. Tim_UK

Tim_UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one this week from av-sales.com - very helpful company and delivered next day as promised.

5. kdp99

kdp99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Just got one from Tektronics, mr, £620 delivered, no problems.

I am pretty sure they ship overseas.

Keith