Where can I buy a New CRT TV in the UK

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by garfieldian, May 8, 2007.

1. garfieldian

garfieldian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am after a Panasonic 28" CRT tv with integrated freeview. Anyone know where to get one in the UK other than Ebay. Is anyone selling CRT tvs anymore?

2. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi

Asda, Tescos, Sainsbury or Wollys!

Rgds

CH

3. maldonian

maldonian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    It's also a question of who still makes them. Panasonic, Sony, Toshiba and Hitachi seem to have stopped making CRT TVs altogether (for the UK market anyway). There are no current models listed on any of their UK websites.

The JVC, Philips and Samsung UK websites still list several current models, including some 28" and 32" widescreens. But are they still making them or just supporting dealers who still have stocks?

Our local Bennets and Comet stores have a few CRT TVs on display, mostly 28" widescreen and smaller 4:3 models. Whether they are continuing to restock them or just selling off what remains of their existing stocks I don't know.

Apart from these you're left with the cheap brands and own brands sold in supermarkets (Bush, Dual, etc), as Cool-hand indicated. But they are likely to dry up as LCD prices fall.

4. jon_mendel

jon_mendel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Argos too.

I'd suggest looking in your local classifieds, though, or in the classifieds here - you can often get v nice CRTs for v low prices, so this could be a better option than buying new. Recycling, too :D