Where can I buy a centre speaker stand?

Dizzle77

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a small stand for my Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Centre speaker. Currently it sits on the glass shelf of my AV stand. This is fine, but this means that it sits below head level and i would like it to be more head level

Any ideas where i can get one from?

thanks

Virtually any place that sells speaker stands will have some low Center Stands available.

If nothing else check through the selection at Stand and Deliver -

TV Stands & TV Cabinets, LCD Stands, Hifi Racks & Speaker Stands at Stand and Deliver

Also notice that most stands come in a range of heights -

Atacama SL Series - Atacama Speaker Stands - Speaker Stands - Stand and Deliver

up to -

Simply pick the height you need.

There are a few specifically Center Speaker stands, but they typically cost as much or more than a pair of standard speaker stands of the appropriate height.

Steve/bluewizard

thanks for the heads up

those Atacama SL stands look SWEET! :thumbsup:
It just so happens I have the Atacama Nexus ones already, so they will go really well together.

Looking around though, I will need to spend around a ton to get these new. Worse still is I only need one.

Going to have a look around for these. Maybe I could get a graded one?
Or maybe I could go down the route of buying a pair and selling one....Not sure how easy that will be though as people normally buy stands in pairs

Check with the dealer and see if they will sell just one?

It is just a phone call or email to find out.

If not, like I said, the price of a single Center stand is very likely equal to a pair of these other stands I linked to.

Here is an actual single Center speaker stand from a place in Kent

Sanus SFC22, Central Speaker Stand (Black) (Sanus SFC22B)

But it seems to be fixed at 22 inches (56 cm), and priced at £107 each.

Maybe you could convert the remaining unused speaker stand to some other use, a small table or something?

Steve/bluewizard

Here is an actual single Center speaker stand from a place in Kent

Sanus SFC22, Central Speaker Stand (Black) (Sanus SFC22B)

But it seems to be fixed at 22 inches (56 cm), and priced at £107 each.

I like the look of these stands and they would look good with my Atacama Nexus ones. They also do a slightly smaller one at 18inches

Have you considered a wall mount rather than a stand?
Something like this AV4-BT15-Centre-Speaker-Wall-Mount as a cheap option? I'm sure there'll be higher-spec'd options around too.

With the stand I have a wall mount wouldnt work.

I have this Alphason Aragon : Alphason | Aragon Series - Model: AG94/2-B

My AV receiver, Media player and PS3 sit on the bottom shelf and my centre speaker directly on the top shelf like in the photo. My tv is set up higher than the one in the picture though. I'd just like a small stand for my centre speaker to be propped up on.

You can buy the Atacama SL series in singles. It costs a little bit more than half the price for a pair.

I was just re-reading the original post, and it seems as if perhaps, this person wants to raise his Center speaker higher. But higher creates the same problem as lower. The only real choices are below the TV or above the TV, and in either case, it doesn't place the speaker at ear level.

Some one in the group couldn't accommodate a center placed below the TV, so he made a bracket that mounted to the threaded wall mount holes in the back of the TV. In essence, creating shelf that sat just above the top of his TV to hold the Center speaker.

Again, the brackets supporting the shelf were bolted to the back of the TV where the wall mounting screws usually go.

Something like this requires some fabrication. I think he build his out of angle iron, though I would suspect it could all be done out of wood, and still be reasonably rigid.

So, in hind sight, I'm not 100% what the Original Poster is trying to accomplish. But, I think we have given him the only realistic solutions possible.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom