Where can I buy a brand new Vita?

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd buy a new Vita... mainly for remote play.

Dismayed to find they aren't available anymore.

Someone is selling a nice slim in the classifieds but it's been nearly two weeks since I made an offer and there's been no reply.

I see you can buy what look like new ones on eBay from a supplier in Ireland for about £159 but I don't know how much Vitas were brand new whilst they were still available.

Aqua Blue Sony PS Vita PSV Console Slim PCH-2006 (2000ZA23) *UK* TAX FREE | eBay

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Since Sony stopped supporting and selling the Vita in Europe used prices have gone up. I bought an original OLED Vita in excellent condition in February this year from eBay for about £110, I got a good deal as it came with a nice case, original box, 16gb mem card and some games. I didn't want the games so sold them, which bought the cost of the Vita down to £60-70 with the case.

I think if you want new then you'll need to find somewhere selling slims from Japan, the one in your link looks like a good price, assuming everything is legit (some of the feedback is worrying).

Since Sony stopped supporting and selling the Vita in Europe used prices have gone up. I bought an original OLED Vita in excellent condition in February this year from eBay for about £110, I got a good deal as it came with a nice case, original box, 16gb mem card and some games. I didn't want the games so sold them, which bought the cost of the Vita down to £60-70 with the case.

I think if you want new then you'll need to find somewhere selling slims from Japan, the one in your link looks like a good price, assuming everything is legit (some of the feedback is worrying).

I just got a slim Vita off ebay for, effectively £70.

It comes with a 16gb card and the excellent Hori grip with r2 l2 r3 l3 buttons. The total price was £120. Started off at £150 but he had a 'or best offer' option so got it down.

The cards go for around £25 used and the grip is about £25 too so the Vita was effectively £70 and is described as being in excellent condition, boxed and scratch free. Seller is private and has 100% feedback.

Pretty happy and just see what it's like when it turns up.

Last edited:
Can I ask if this ended well? I've been thinking of getting a Vita myself and have seen the second hand market is really the only way..

Got an original one in cex. In an as new condition but unboxed for £88.00. Got to say they are a fantastic bit of kit

I got a slim + case + 16Gb + Lego Movie game for £77 off eBay and agree, great bit of kit and I have several years of ps+ Vita games to get through. Currently playing everybody's golf, hustle kings pool and a graphic novel, great stuff!

Btw, mine has a couple of dinks on the screen, but doesn't hinder usage and I think helped me get a low price.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom